Fable: The Lost Chapters

curious

liberty or license
in the vein of prior rpg deal announcements. circuit city has the pc version on sale for 10 bucks. it finally made it down to what i assume it is worth. it was 15 bucks on gogamer some months back but i thought that was even to steep. anyway now it is added to the stack of many games to play at some point.

It may not be THE game of all time but it is definitely worth $10 (and more IMO). Good find there curious :)

Well, if the game was given away for free it would not make it any better. I paid the full price yet the game didn't freek me out in any way so i uninstalled it about half way through. Now it's in the big bottom draw gathering dust along with many other games from the past.
I do admit the fable ad' back at the dot' did a great job in infiltrating through my mental barrier.....i should have known better....i won't succumb to such subliminal ad's tactics as easily in future.

The big arena battle made the game worth it. You can quit playing after that though.

I'm at the end and still havent completed it.

I liked the basic version enough, I'd say - go for it! It is a very light-hearted, juvenile approach to gaming, and as such, it was worth every €. Make sure to go on a rampage clad in a dress.

Highly enjyoable game. If only that Molineux dude would stop telling my next game will be the revolutution and raise unfullfillable expectations, Lionhead would be better off.

I don't see how you could not finish it ... I consider myself pretty slow at RPG's (but decent speed at shooters) and this took me <15 hours to play all the way through.

I've recently played through The Lost Chapters and I've been disappointed with nearly every aspect of it. Even putting expectations aside, nothing in there really managed to hold up to scrutiny. I honestly wonder if most mainstream reviewers played the game beyond the 3 hour mark, considering it's incredibly amateurish in design to the point of vexation. I'm willing to bet that if a lesser knwon developer released Fable: TLC, they'd be crucified for all its faults instaed of just being let off with a "it's not all it was promised but it's still the best ever".

I couldn't possibly recommend it to anyone, not even for those who would disregard the Action RPG label and consider it more of an Action Adventure title, since there are several action adventure titles that are quite superior in gameplay or presentation.

Since it took so long to come out on PC I never paid any attention and didn't have any expectations, it just reminded me of what I think most console games are like very simplified and I have never played any games by Molineux.

I did enjoy it on a very simple level, as Jaz mentioned very juvenile, especially the selfdeprevating humor about RPG cliches of Heroes always having to save the world, so the quest "My daughter wants to meet a Hero" and being called (plus various comments) Chickenchaser were qutie funny. :p

Just remembering my own review:

One thing that is missing is side-stories. There are explanations attached to quests, but they begin and end with the quest, and your only role is to play hero and save the day. This is better than the FedEx style quests in many action-RPG's, but is lacking compared to classic epic RPG's. For example, in Gothic 2 there is a character called ‘Constantino' a loud-mouthed rich noble who hangs around the local bar and berates the townsfolk. You learn about him from a few different people, and then have the opportunity to ‘teach him some manners' as part of an alchemist's experiment. Then you can discuss him with someone else and hand off his ring as a reward. The character is part of the living world, just passing through while on his quest. But in Fable everything plays as if the world begins and ends with you, which makes the world feel even less alive.

hey i liked that game very much. why do u guys say it isn't good?? i saw it at a friend and was imediately captivated by the game!! then i went to buy it. and i finished it quicker than my friend wich was at the quest with umm i think some bandits(at the guy where u had to pay toll) !!:D

u said the guy's name was constantiono. no. his name vas valentino. constantino was one of the masters. he was the alchemist in the underpass

Hehe ... thanks for pointing that out - amazing with the number of times I'd played G2 that I would screw that up :)

yea you really did:lol: if u can edit that review or your rating will go down:lol:

One of very few games I never finished before I uninstalled it.

Very juvenile, but worth playing through once. Be sure to marry Lady Gray, I got a big laugh at how she carried on, plus you'll get a super sword.

Back
Top Bottom