Nuclear Union - Development Halted & Renamed

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
I mentioned in the forums earlier this month that Nuclear Union might be suspended, or canceled, Thanks to Joxer we now have confirmation from a site called Red-Buzz.

It seems developement has been suspended due to 1C-Softclub pulling the plug. All is not lost though as the developer Best Way is looking for a new publisher.

I’ve just finished recording How Games Are Made podcast with Dmitry Morozov, founder of Best Way company, game designer of Men of War series. It will go live in next couple of days, but it’s in Russian, so I’ll share some details with you here.

Much discussed Nuclear Union from Best Way was closed half a year ago right after Gamescom 2013. 1C-Softclub decided to focus on distribution instead of publishing and scraped it. It’s a pity, because Nuclear Union was actually 1C’s idea – they wanted to publish a Russian Fallout, every post-Soviet developer’s elusive dream.

Best Way owns assets and engine, but not the script, so they are remaking the project now. It will change title and story, but not the genre or setting. Best Way is looking for partners to finish a post-Nuclear Union (that’s my name for the game, not official one).
More information.

Crap, I was looking forward to this game. It's right in my wheel-house. Hope they get it done and published with all the changes.

Interesting, I always felt the last game's story and write-ups felt a bit uncomfortably propaganda-like. I wonder if they will go in a similar direction with the new story.

I was looking forward to it. I hope they get to finish it and keep quality. But Post-Nuclear Union would be utterly perfect name, under the circumstances :)

Back
Top Bottom