Risen Time and Level by Chapter 2? (no spoilers)

ToddMcF2002

SasqWatch
Just curious, because I just turned Chapter 2 last night and I've put in some serious hours. Everything is dead and buried except the Ogres and a few ash beasts. Level 16, probably 35 hours or more, 95% of quests complete in Dom camp and town.

Is that normal or have I just effectively shortened later chapters? Please no spoilers.

Sounds about right for my two playthroughs. There will still be plenty of strong enemies in the later chapters and you can also go back and mop-up the Ogres, etc.

I was almost level 18 (about ~2K short of XP if I recall correctly) when I entered chapter 2 and it took me about as long as you. Maybe a little more.
There is an enemy respawn in chapter 2 so if you're into maxing you should check the entire world map again in chapter 2. There's also a minor herb respawn. Not worth scouring the entire map for it though. It's just a few berries, green leaves, healing and mana herbs.
As for shortening later chapters, well, sort of... if you don't have the retro quest system activated then you will have noticed in a few places that you got quest completion messages for quests that you had no knowledge of. You will be able to pick up and complete these quests instantly in later chapters via the corresponding dialogue options.

Checked the saves from my first and only playthrough. Hard difficulty, bandit swordsman. My level/ time spent progress was:

Level 14, 19 hours in, just before the start of chapter 2.
Level 18, 25 hours in, just before the start of chapter 3.
Level 23, 31 hours in, just before the start of chapter 4.
Level 28, 39 hours in, just before the final showdown.

I've played through Ch2 several times and the total play time is consistent (allowing for a slight reduction from familiarity) If you rush through Ch1, you'll take longer in Ch2 and if you try to max Ch1, Ch2 will be short since Ch2 is really just a continuation of Ch 1 with some very minor (but helpful) changes. I prefer to reach about level 12 in Ch1 so I can use the slightly better weapons and armor available in Ch2 for longer.

I'm 32 hours in, level 18, chapter 2 about 2 hours ago. I think it is because I run back to rest every two minutes :)

Back
Top Bottom