You guys talk a lot of smack about Apple

But I just got a Mac Air and it is great. This is the first laptop or ultra book I have ever seen with a trackpad that feels almost as natural as a mouse (if you use both hands). It also comes with the Ivy Bridge so it is a descent gaming solution and because of its form factor it also makes for a nice portable HDTV hookup or server machine. Only problem is it comes with just 64GB so it will be tough convincing myself to dual boot (bootcamp) windows 7 onto a partition with so little space anyway.

:cm: Apple is the Devil! Begone, fiend! :cm:

I'm just kidding you dude, I have an Iphone and quite frankly dont know how I ever (or could ever) live without it again. I sold my soul to Jobs Inc.

that said, I still cannot justify an Ipad. Me and my wife both were poised, credit cards in hand, ready to buy one each last weekend and couldnt do it. No USB ports may seem like a small deal to some, but to me it's a small part of a bigger problem i have buying one when we have several computers/laptops/netbooks/readers already.

They still may get me one day when I'm weak. I can see me stumbling around downtown drunk, winding up in an Apple store that's open too late and it's all over.

No USB will always be a killer for me.

How does this relate to Indie RPGs? There are other sub-forums which can be used for general computer topics.

I want to get an ipad for The Shadow Sun. Still thinking about it.

Apple products are very expensive for what they are, and there are many other alternatives that offer more at a much lower cost of product, maintenance, parts .. etc.. So apart from leaving your pockets empty, what advantage are Apple products offer except for making one look trendy (if you are that kind of person)?

Well, they can magically serve a need you don't actually have :)

My sister has an Mac for several years now, and I can clearly see where it's ahead - and sometimes behind, too - PC architecture.

I hope that one day I'll hve enough money together to be ble to buy one myself. ;)

But then, I fear, Rosetta will be no more. Which is a shame because it enables one of my favourite games to run on a Mac : Zoo Tycoon. I was told that its Mac conversion indeed runs on modern Intel-Macs because of Rosetta.

I haven't tried it out yet, though.

There is nothing wrong with apples products, aside from being really overpriced, and also that they are locking you in to apples ecosystem, if you are fine with those two of course you can buy a mac. But well 64 GB... that's just too little.... for something so exspensive.

Back
Top Bottom