Dungeon Siege 3 - Slips to June

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Square Enix Europe sent us a press release announcing Dungeon Siege 3 has moved a couple of weeks to June 17:
Square Enix updates Dungeon Siege III street date to 17th June, 2011
Square Enix announced today that the launch date for Dungeon Siege® III in Europe and other PAL territories is now 17th June, 2011. Developed by Obsidian Entertainment, Inc., and shipping for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Windows PC, Dungeon Siege III blends a robust RPG system, an endless variety of loot and a compelling storyline with intuitive action gameplay.

The official website can be found at www.dungeonsiege.com.
Looking around, it seems there are two new dates for North America. VG247 says the NA release is June 14, while Joystiq says June 21st.
In other news, IGN is collecting questions to send to Obsidian's Nathan Davis if you have a burning question.
More information.

Not really surprising I expect more games to be pushed back probably into next year. Happens to most games.

Take your time Obsidian, squash those bugs. May was packed anyway.

I've been waiting for what seems like forever for 2011 to show its quality - and though this is a lesser title, it really does seem like we have to wait until the ~second half of the year for greatness.

Excepting TW2 ofc ;)

I bet they got paranoic because of Fable Three 4 PC that will slaughter the competition with it's pure awsomeness.

j/k, take your time Obsidian, it's better to see a polished game later than it was expected then play a buggy feelslikebeta release.

June 14th? So now it has to compete with Duke Nukem Forever. Different genres I know, but still….

It's the week after Duke in the US... 14th for Duke and 21st for DS3.

It's the week after Duke in the US… 14th for Duke and 21st for DS3.

Depends on who you believe.. some sources are saying the 14th for the US. It's probably a moot point for most people though. It is for me anyways.. I haven't seen anything from the previews that makes me want to purchase it.

I'm definitely waiting for feedback before buying DS3. The devs talk about choices and roleplaying options, ect. but looking at the videos they all look like Sacred 1.5. Sacred 1 was tolerable for a little while but lacked any depth whatsoever. Sacred 2 was even worse. T-energy for the loss!

I dont mind when developers push their games back for quality asurence, push it bach a year if they have to .

Back
Top Bottom