Elder Scrolls Online - Three Million Beta Sign-ups

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
PCGamesN has a short but interesting piece of information for The Elder Scrolls Online. The game has three million people wanting to play the beta.
Matt Firor hit us with the numbers today at Gamescom. “We’ve had well over 3 million beta sign-ups, which we haven’t announced before.” said Firor. “You don’t want to let too many people in early, because the game is, frankly, not too good in early beta and you don’t want to expose many people to that, but we’re well into the tens of thousands.”

More information.

I predict more than half of them scream in horror when they realize it isn't skyrim 2.

You'll be surprised how much this sentence is untrue (source: I've been in 3 ESO beta so far).

I predict all those kids with no manners, with no respect, with their foul language, will finally leave me to enjoy LoL with normal ppl.
They'll all move to TES:MMG (massive multip. grinder).

Beta is free. The game itself is anything but. I'm sure they'll sell a bunch of boxes but I don't see how a weak single player online game that's not really an MMORPG and that lacks MMORPG features and elements is ever going to be worth a sub.

I wouldn't count on those kids leaving their free LOL.

I'm glad to see some sub-based games coming out...but I'm still not seeing how they're gonna justify a premium sub for that game.

That pricing model appeals to old school MMORPG players like me, not casuals who want solo/single player games like GW2 or TESO.

I'm not surprised. The masses standing there at the Games com were *huge* - I didn't dare to go closer to that.

Alrik, next time bring a smoke bomb with you. ;)

You'll be surprised how much this sentence is untrue (source: I've been in 3 ESO beta so far).
So you're saying it IS Skyrim 2?

Or you're saying the beta testers just aren't screaming in horror that it isn't?

So you're saying it IS Skyrim 2?

Or you're saying the beta testers just aren't screaming in horror that it isn't?

Let say that the "MMO players" are the one crying right now, because ZOS did a few controversial choices meant to please the "Skyrim players".

I'm afraid I cannot forgive Bethesda for trampling the Elder Scrolls name with that silly MMO. It reminds me of other publishers who took their best children and ruined them (Dead Space, Resident Evil, Dragon Age...).

Was it not enough to have Skyrim be insanely successful? Now they think they can dilute their brand with a lame MMO just to cash in on Skyrim's success. NO. NO. NO.

If you can't tell...I'm not happy about this garbage. :)

I predict all those kids with no manners, with no respect, with their foul language, will finally leave me to enjoy LoL with normal ppl.
They'll all move to TES:MMG (massive multip. grinder).

I predict they're not interested in paying monthly subscription, so they most likely will stay out. And no one expects a LoL game without no manners / respect and foul language kids.

Well I don't hate them fo trying something new. My nightmare is that they will become like Blizzard. It's a different studio but earning more money than any single-player RPG will see to that.

I hope and pray it doesn't come true.:worship:

They are appealing to the console audience as well, so there may be hope for a decent single player quest grind that you can play without ever having to pay a monthly sub. I'll try out any open beta they have before I decide myself.

Yesterday I thought : "Well, Skyrim fits perfectly into the current "dark & gritty" fashion ! No colours at all on the posters ! (Apart from a few blood-red stripes.)
Is this the reason why it is so pupular ? Because they hit the top of the nail (of that fashion) ?"

Yesterday I thought : "Well, Skyrim fits perfectly into the current "dark & gritty" fashion ! No colours at all on the posters ! (Apart from a few blood-red stripes.)
Is this the reason why it is so pupular ? Because they hit the top of the nail (of that fashion) ?"

Got nothing to do with dark & gritty, that's the Witcher.

People like Skyrim because it's a bit sandboxy, got nice graphics and support modding.

I'm afraid I cannot forgive Bethesda for trampling the Elder Scrolls name with that silly MMO. It reminds me of other publishers who took their best children and ruined them (Dead Space, Resident Evil, Dragon Age…).

Was it not enough to have Skyrim be insanely successful? Now they think they can dilute their brand with a lame MMO just to cash in on Skyrim's success. NO. NO. NO.

If you can't tell…I'm not happy about this garbage. :)

You don't have to play it though. This will have no effect on the main Elder Scrolls game. Why do you care that it simply exist?

Well I don't hate them fo trying something new. My nightmare is that they will become like Blizzard. It's a different studio but earning more money than any single-player RPG will see to that.

I hope and pray it doesn't come true.:worship:

Why would becoming like Blizzard be a bad thing?

Why would becoming like Blizzard be a bad thing?
Quit simple really Blizzard has all become about online play and services. I'm sure you don't have a problem with that. I and others do. The day every game requires me to be online, and on a server I'm quitting gaming. Call it a pet peeve of mine.;)

Got nothing to do with dark & gritty, that's the Witcher.

People like Skyrim because it's a bit sandboxy, got nice graphics and support modding.

And for several other reasons.

pibbur who doesn't have any opinion on TESO until he sees it.

Back
Top Bottom