Pricewatch!

The first half of Shadow of Mordor is plenty fun. Eventually you get too strong and the game just becomes a slaughter-sim, though. I'm not sure what the DLC is like. $15-$20 would have gotten me to the $1/hr of fun point.

https://www.indiegala.com/divergent

$2.89 for Darklands, Drakensang: River of Time, and a bunch of other crap.

Seven Kingdoms 2 HD isn't bad either. I remember having some fun with it when it was originally released.

I think the person who created Seven Kingdoms 2, created Capitalism 1 and 2 and they were bloody addictive.

The first half of Shadow of Mordor is plenty fun. Eventually you get too strong and the game just becomes a slaughter-sim, though. I'm not sure what the DLC is like. $15-$20 would have gotten me to the $1/hr of fun point.

The two big DLCs are both really good. The first one offers some minor new things and is a bit more challenging than the core game.
The second one is more of the same compared to the first game, but it plays to the games strengths better than the core game does. It's rather short, at under 4h, but its fun. It also does an alright job at explaining how the elf ended up where he is in the core game. Challenge is again slightly above the core game, but it's not hard.

Blackguards complete plus Blackguards 2 for $11? That's pretty sweet! The individual parts are cheap, too.

The free weekend this week includes Mount & Blade: Warband, plus the game is on sale (half off). If you ever wondered about the game, now's the time to try it out!

Endless Legend is half off.

ARK: Survival Evolved (the one with the dinosaurs) is free this weekend but not on sale.

Sacrifice is half off, too.

I think it was one of the most painfully generic "open worlders" in recent memory, but I know you enjoy combat - and there's certainly a lot of that. The combat is ok, so maybe it's not that bad for you.

I enjoy good combat. That said, I don't have high expectations for SoM, so maybe I'll be able to enjoy it for awhile at least.

I enjoy good combat. That said, I don't have high expectations for SoM, so maybe I'll be able to enjoy it for awhile at least.

I think we all enjoy good combat and dislike bad combat :)

I'm talking about your tolerance for the AMOUNT of combat, which seems to be a lot higher than mine. Which isn't so strange, as I have a pretty low tolerance for combat as content.

In SoM, I'd say 95% of the game is combat.

I think we all enjoy good combat and dislike bad combat :)

I'm talking about your tolerance for the AMOUNT of combat, which seems to be a lot higher than mine. Which isn't so strange, as I have a pretty low tolerance for combat as content.

In SoM, I'd say 95% of the game is combat.

I can't imagine a game actually being 95% combat, but if that's even close to being accurate then I won't be playing it for very long.

I can't imagine a game actually being 95% combat, but if that's even close to being accurate then I won't be playing it for very long.

I guess if you include running around and looking at the samey scenery, it might be less :)

Dart's exaggerating it's only 94% combat.;)

I actually quite liked it but I prefer combat heavy games. There is a story and the nemesis system is fun to play with but it's also about combat. So while I won't really put a percentage on it if you don't like lots and lots of combat then the game probably isn't for you.

95% combat is accurate description of SoM. The combat system they had was extremely fun and challenging but once I figured the system out and was able to beat all the captains and war chiefs etc with ease, I was kind of bored. This happens to me with most combat systems in that I find the learning bit fun but then get bored of it after that.

Back
Top Bottom