Witcher 3 - Open World Video @ GameInformer

Poles? Hmmm, there's a pun there when we're talking CD Projekt but I still can't agree. Planescape and Xenosaga have way more story & depth than Witcher 2. The Diablo series has way less than Skyrim.
That is purely accidental as I wasn't aware of the pun :).

I meant to say that the design approach and the choice of RPG/game elements on which both developers have focussed are very different and in many ways exclusive and not that they are both at 1st and last place in terms of story.

He did say "depth". And I agree with him. :)

Yeah, I know what he said, and I disagree. :)

With all the characters, factions, and choices it contains, I think The Witcher series is roughly equal to PS:T in that aspect.

I've never played Xenosaga, but I have played my fair share of jRPGs, and I have a hard time believing that it could match up with TW in terms of story or depth. Those aspects are rarely the strong point in that sub-genre.

That said, I do own original copies of all 3 Xenosaga games (still factory sealed no less), and would like to play it someday. I remember enjoying Xenogears to a certain degree.

I thought the devs showed equal amounts of respect and trash-talk towards Bethesda :D

I just hope they don't try too hard and fall short. They are making 2 massive RPGs, afterall.

Even though The Witcher 2 wasn't my cup of tea, I still will purchase TW3. We need to encourage anyone who wants to compete with Bethesda. Competition will make the Two Worlds, Witcher and TES franchises better. At least, that's my hope.

Well, there seems to be a lot of chatter about this game already as I knew there would be.
I will pre-order it as I have really enjoyed the first two and unless they really mess up if anything it will be a fun game to play.

Though I really do enjoy everyone's thoughts on something that is over a year away. Looking forward to seeing what everyone is thinking over time as we get closer to release date.

Back
Top Bottom