Underrail - Interview @ Indie-O-Rama

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Indie-O-Rama interviewed Dejan Radisic of Stygian Software on Underrail. Just in case your Spanish is a bit rusty, IndieStatik is offering an English translation of that interview.
Indie-o-rama: Let’s talk about the elephant in the room. It’s obvious that Underrail was heavily influenced by Fallout, among other post-apocalyptic games. As we all know, Bethesda decided to go a different route with Fallout 3 or, as it’s commonly known, “Oblivion with guns”. That meant some fans were left craving for a game with the style and gameplay of the original. How much of a compromise has been met in order to acknowledge that influence, while at the same time staying true to your own ideas and concepts? Are the fans that approach Underrail expecting another Fallout, or would you rather prefer that they play the game without such prejudices?
Dejan Radisic: Well, I’m not so sure about the Fallout release timeline, but I think I started the development of Underrail even before Fallout 3 was released. Or at least I started working on the engine with the intention to build this kind of a game.
So back then there wasn’t, or at least I was not aware of, this craze with the fans that wanted the old Fallout back. And it certainly all started before this Wasteland sequel thing and all that. The game obviously draws some inspiration from Fallout, such as the mood, environments, some weapons, etc, but it wasn’t ever meant to be the new “real” Fallout. I don’t have a problem with people considering it that, though, and I believe that those who come to this game with such expectations won’t be disappointed and will find some of the old Fallout elements that are missing in the newer games. So in short, I do not mind it, but I’m also happy when people point out design differences and acknowledge the game as being it’s own thing.
More information.

Anyone here who hasn't tried the Underrail alpha, please try it! (if you like turn-based, Fallout-inspired RPGs)

Who am I kidding? Nobody here is interested in those, right?

Nah, none of like those sort of games, so I doubt any of us bought it just as soon as we finished playing the demo!! :)

(if you like turn-based, Fallout-inspired RPGs)

Turn...based...fallout? Is that like... Fallout New Vegas with lots of mods on a very very very old computer?

Anyone here who hasn't tried the Underrail alpha, please try it! (if you like turn-based, Fallout-inspired RPGs)

Guess i am a nobody ;)

Turn…based…fallout? Is that like… Fallout New Vegas with lots of mods on a very very very old computer?
Nope, there's no way you can run that game on an old computer.

I really need to try this one...so many games, so little time. :(

Back
Top Bottom