New Wizardry 8 Mod

I had a couple wins under my belt before Wizfast even came out, so it's definitely possible to survive without it, but I wouldn't want to.

As for X2, are you including the official modpack in that? I thought a couple features in the official modpack (which was actually a combination of several user-made mods) were definite improvements over vanilla (Universal autotraders, in particular).

Damn kids with their crazy lingo... I thought a "me too" post was supposed to be +1, but nooooo, now it's x2. Well la-dee-frickin-da! :p

Since I've never played X2 or X…I think it's 3 now, I knew what you meant JDR. It made perfect sense. :)

Though I still think you're crazy or have the patience of a saint. I will never replay Wiz8 without that utility. Movement is only cool in the first couple of days of playing, plus that freakin tree drove me nuts. I had to wait forever for everyone to finish moving. Let's not even talk about the castle. All those Rappax taking years to move around as well. It was as bad as Trinton if not worse.

Have to agree. I don't usually bother to mod my games, but WizFast was definitely an improvement worth the installation. JDR, I applaud your patience. Did you like read a book or something during combat. ;)

A quick question, is there a mod which adjusts the game a bit for faster systems than it was designed for? I'm having difficulties with Wiz8's walking being a bit... jumpy. It's aggravating. Had to enable mouselook just to be able to turn without going in circles with just a tap.

No need for WizFast for combat. Wizslow maybe, as it's going fast enough that I can just keep up with it.

Huh, that sounds strange. Do you have VSync disabled? If so, maybe re-enable it and see if that helps?

I have a modest Core2Duo 6600 with a GeForce 8800GTS and it's all fine (Wizfast is at about 50% and combat is OK like that I guess.)

I have no problems on a quadcore and 8800GTS with WinXP. That's a new issue to me, azraelck. I don't think I've read about that problem anywhere, either. Sorry.

Hmm. Might just be a conflict with my video chipset. Ain't the first time it's happened either. Usually, I just get an error on install, and nothing happens in game. Or, at worst, as in Dragon Age it's simply not powerful enough.

I'll try to disable V-Sync and see what happens. It's playable, if combat being a bit fast, but still annoying.

*edit*

Disabled V Sync, and a couple other options, and it is now playable (still fast on combat though). Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
I'd always keep VSync enabled. If you are using Windows 7, try compatibility mode. I'm running the game in compatibility mode for Windows 98 and used 3DSetup in the game directory to set everything to 1024x768x32, DirectX7 and DirectSound3D Software Emulation.

Back
Top Bottom