Political and politically incorrect humor

I found US is a big joke by itself… they keep promoting democrazy yet US has the most limited democratic system of all the "democratic" countries I know. How about looking over that? it is really time to change to something better!

They are the "richest" country in the world, yet they keep borrowing lots of money from poorer countries.

They have the biggest military in the world, but they can't win a single war.

To Be Continued :D
Oh so enlightened...

How soon we forget Desert Storm. And y'all were doing so well for yourselves in WW1 and WW2 before we came for a visit. Oh so smart...

Your balance sheet might be a bit different if you didn't borrow our military without paying for it for a few decades of the Iron Curtain, but why worry about little details, eh?

And y'all were doing so well for yourselves in WW1 and WW2 before we came for a visit. Oh so smart…

This is essentially the reason the US is going down as fast as it is.

A country that believes itself to be developed as opposed to be developing, is already dead. The basics of evolution are simple, those who cease the struggle for adaptation is swiftly taken out by natural selection.

How soon we forget Desert Storm. And y'all were doing so well for yourselves in WW1 and WW2 before we came for a visit. Oh so smart…

Your balance sheet might be a bit different if you didn't borrow our military without paying for it for a few decades of the Iron Curtain, but why worry about little details, eh?

Not that "we" took part in any of the world wars as we are swedes....... and I should have added in "modern" times... can't live out of ancient memories... as jemyM said in a slightly different way.

DTE, I think I owe you an apology. I've been posting my usual nonsense over in CALIFORNIANS ARE IDIOTS!!! thread and realized something. I was being a hypocrite big time.

I still would love some cartoons that offered up more enemies than the dems, but who the hell am I to say what should or shouldn't be posted when I'm saying the exact opposite of that in the other thread? It takes me a little longer than most to clue in sometimes, but when I do, I realize how much of an ass I was being.

So, sorry about the whole "this thread needs to die thing." Mostly I just wanted mags to come back and this wasn't helping. Thought maybe if the toons stopped for awhile it would get you guys talking about something normally again.

Not necessary, Skav. Your observation that we don't get many extended debates anymore *is* valid even if you think you took the point into the weeds from there, and that issue does bother me. To my mind, we've got a bad set of circumstances here these days. The forum is largely a leftie echo chamber, which is to be expected given the demographics. Although there were occasional "odd alliances" on specific issues, we've only had 4 vocal posters that would ID as righties (I omit Corwin because he's largely muted by his moderator status): Rith, Blatantninja, mudsling, and yours truly. Rith kinda imploded and focused on other things in his life. BN got pretty busy, and wasn't having much fun carrying the gauntlet anyway. Mudsling kinda pops in and out, but I think I'm about the only person left on the board that even "speaks uber-libertarian", let alone actually give it any consideration. That leaves one voice in the storm.

I really am a cold blooded bastard, and I'm very skilled at compartmentalizing. That makes me a poor choice to be the final finger in the dam, me thinks. I've managed to run off two people the I considered (and still would, given the chance) great friends that were significant contributors to those missing debates, and to this day I don't really understand the mechanism. I'm able to be very passionate about an issue without becoming personally invested. They apparently were not--no judgment there, strictly observation. Contrary to all the bullshit accusations, that's the source of many of my questions--the leftie mind seems to view everything thru a layer of emotion (again, observation and not judgment here) and I simply and honestly don't get it. I think that leads to a lot of misunderstandings.

I'm perfectly willing to believe that I'm the weirdo on this. Hard to say. Take my rather nasty relationship with Thrasher as an example. We've had more than one disagreement in this forum that got to the point where I wouldn't piss on his head if his hair was on fire (and I don't doubt the feeling was mutual), but I always pay specific attention to his posts elsewhere because he has excellent taste (aka mostly similar to mine ;) ) in games and surprisingly good taste in music to boot. Even in this forum, there's some value in even the nasty exchanges because continually giving Thrasher logical wedgies ( :p ) requires me to consider/evaluate my own stances, which is always good. I don't think many of y'all seem capable of maintaining that sort of emotional dichotomy, but it's second nature to me. Y'all also hold yer grudges too long, or maybe I just discard ugliness too easily.

Shed no tears, cuz I certainly ain't. It's a clinical evaluation. These are the tools at our disposal. Unless y'all can import some alternative voices for the opposition, you're either stuck with me and all my foibles or the conversation basically dies. No skin off my ass either way, although I do enjoy the mental exercise.

Not that "we" took part in any of the world wars as we are swedes……. and I should have added in "modern" times… can't live out of ancient memories… as jemyM said in a slightly different way.
We've discussed the Swedish WW2 flip-flop (Germany quietly using your railroads and raw materials until the Allies forced you to officially pick a side), so I'm not sure you really want to play that particular card.

Parsing the time frame is convenient, but lazy. Besides, I don't know that y'all can throw stones when your gameplan is to forfeit at every opportunity and complain from the grandstands.

We've had more than one disagreement in this forum that got to the point where I wouldn't piss on his head if his hair was on fire (and I don't doubt the feeling was mutual),

I had to quote this. Too funny :D

Appreciate the post. Didn't realize that the right side of the spectrum here has pretty much flown the coop.

As for the demographics, I would of thought there would be more 'middle of the road' people politically. That's the way it was with my friends in the states and some of them here in Taiwan. Us gamers didn't care about sides, we just cared about results. Take that with a grain of salt though, most of my friends are like me, Gen-X to the core. Not quite as apathetic as the stereotypes made us out to be, but darn close ;)

Now that I'm older and a tiny bit wiser I still think something in the middle is doable. Barring issues that just seem that there can't have any compromise like abortion or gay marriage (still don't understand that one. goes hand in hand with freedom as far as I'm concerned), but barring those hot button topics a lot of the others can have some sort of middle ground that both parties could agree to. However, no one can hear over the shouting matches or politics as usual.

That's my slightly informed opinion on politics. It's a little hypocritical of me to be even taking a stance since I left America ten years ago, but that doesn't mean I didn't stop caring about what happens over there.

As for being emotionally involved in politics, well I think you may be the exception to the rule because there is no topic more controversial than politics.....well maybe religion, but we got them both covered right here :D

Anyways, glad there's no hard feelings and you won't hear the battle cry of "TAKE THIS THREAD DOWN!" anymore.

We've discussed the Swedish WW2 flip-flop (Germany quietly using your railroads and raw materials until the Allies forced you to officially pick a side), so I'm not sure you really want to play that particular card.

Parsing the time frame is convenient, but lazy. Besides, I don't know that y'all can throw stones when your gameplan is to forfeit at every opportunity and complain from the grandstands.

I can willing admit we helped both germans and allies.... doesn't make what I said any less true though. I also understand you want to get away from the subject of the US being a joke..... :D

Parsing the time frame is convenient, but lazy.

I totally understand it is more convinient to discuss the past compared to the present...... for you :) but I don't know what it has to do with me being lazy.

I do not think RPGWatch is a website of lefties, it's rather that most are European and European just tend to agree on subjects and we usually take the middle, which makes us lefties to the far-right and righties to the far-left. As one who tend to take the opposing view by habit I tend to get called all sorts of things, including conservative and muslim.

Sweden have changed so much in the past 50 years that I feel very little relationship to that nation whatsoever. I am rather consistent in not blaming nor praising children for their parents, but their own actions.

I found US is a big joke by itself… they keep promoting democrazy yet US has the most limited democratic system of all the "democratic" countries I know. How about looking over that? it is really time to change to something better!
If you are talking about the two-party system - that's up to the voters. You could use the same argument against the UK, where the system favours two big parties, and it is difficult for the third party to get representation according to their share of votes.

If you are talking about the amount of money needed to win, that's another matter.

They are the "richest" country in the world, yet they keep borrowing lots of money from poorer countries.
Depends on what you mean by richest country. Largest economy - yes. Average income, then it's beaten by - cough, cough - your sweet brother and the Swiss.

Anyhow, as far as I see it as a question about how the wealth is distibuted.

They have the biggest military in the world, but they can't win a single war.

To Be Continued :D
Well, they did win WW2. And they kicked both ruling parties out of office in Iraq and Afghanistan, what remains are guerilla groups, and any power will have severe problem with those, unless your willing to really use force, bombing it all to smithereens.

Ooops. Here I am, DEFENDING the US. Yeeeech!

Some balance is needed: America is the land of the free. Not only are you innocent until found guilty. Even if your guilty, you're innocent (Heard it from a standup comedian, at te time of the O.J case).

And here's the list of state slogan (did you remember all the states):

Alabama: At Least We're Not Mississippi
Alaska: 11,623 Eskimos Can't be Wrong!
Arizona: But It's a Dry Heat
Arkansas: Litterasy Ain't Everthing
California: As Seen on TV
Colorado: If You Don't Ski, Don't Bother
Connecticut: Like Massachusetts, Only Dirtier and With Less Character
Delaware: We Really Do Like the Chemicals in Our Water
Florida: Ask Us About Our Grandkids
Georgia: Without Atlanta We're Alabama
Hawaii: Haka Tiki Mou Sha'ami Leeki Toru (Death to Mainland Scum, But Leave Your Money)
Idaho: More Than Just Potatoes… OK, Maybe Not, But The Potatoes Are Real Good
Illinois: Please Don't Pronounce the "S"
Indiana: 2 Billion Years Tidal Wave Free
Iowa: We Do Amazing Things With Corn
Kansas: First Of The Rectangle States
Kentucky: 5 Million People; Seven Last Names
Louisiana: We're Not All Drunk Cajuns
Maine: We're Really Cold, But We Have Cheap Lobster
Maryland: A Thinking Man's Delaware
Massachusetts: Our Taxes Are Lower Than Sweden's
Michigan: First Line of Defense From the Canadians
Minnesota: 10,000 Lakes and 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 Mosquitoes
Mississippi: Come Feel Better About Your Own State
Missouri: Your Federal Flood Relief Tax Dollars at Work
Montana: Land of the Big Sky, the Unabomber, Right-Wing Crazies and Very Little Else
Nebraska: Ask About Our State Motto Contest
Nevada: Whores and Poker!
New Hampshire: Go Away and Leave Us Alone
New Jersey: You Want a F**kin' Motto? I Got Yer F**kin' Motto Right Here!
New Mexico: Lizards Make Excellent Pets
New York: You Have the Right to Remain Silent, You Have the Right to an Attorney…
North Carolina: Tobacco is a Vegetable
North Dakota: We Really are One of the 50 States!
Ohio: We Wish We Were In Michigan
Oklahoma: Like the Play, Only No Singing
Oregon: Spotted Owl — It's What's For Dinner
Pennsylvania: Cook With Coal
Rhode Island: We're Not Really An Island
South Carolina: We Have Never Actually Surrendered to the North
South Dakota: Closer Than North Dakota
Tennessee: The Educashun State
Texas: A Whole 'Nother Country!
Utah: Our Jesus Is Better Than Your Jesus
Vermont: Yep
Virginia: Who Says Government Stiffs and Slackjaw Yokels Don't Mix?
Washington: Help! We're Overrun By Nerds and Slackers!
Washington, D.C.: Wanna Be Mayor?
West Virginia: One Big Happy Family — Really!
Wisconsin: Come Cut Our Cheese
Wyoming: Wynot?

Trust pibbur to bring the thread back around with a great zinger... I think you'd get grudging agreement on all of those except Ohio. Those would be fightin' words to any proper Bucknut. I'd offer this alternative:
Ohio: Our rivers don't burn...anymore

America thinks that Republicans can do better then fine. If there can be actual progress this time around then even better.

I don't think it will really make any difference who is in the majority or minority. Nothing will get done and it'll be business as usual anyways. People will still suffer, healthcare will still be a joke and people will continue to blame each other without offering any solutions. Just more blame.

Perhaps there'll be a third country the republicans can invade? I heard pibburs home country is very rich and have a lot of oil..... on top of that they gave Obama ( that horrible democrat pig ) a peace prize........

Now there's a thought! We haven't had a proper war in these parts for far too long. Kills innovation and all...

I do not think RPGWatch is a website of lefties, it's rather that most are European and European just tend to agree on subjects and we usually take the middle, which makes us lefties to the far-right and righties to the far-left. As one who tend to take the opposing view by habit I tend to get called all sorts of things, including conservative and muslim.

It's not a straight Euro-American split. I certainly dont agree with the universality of dte's dividing line, but the PR forum is a lefty echo chamber by any sane standard. I dont see many posters putting up positions that would be right or center-right by European standards either, which is funny given that it is contrary to election results on this side of the pond.

OTOH many of the older and more nuanced posters (on the left as well as on the right) simply skip the PR forum altogether, either because of general disinterest or because the discussions tend to be shoutfests focused on a few tired old topics (Obama, US is the EVÖL) argued in a pretty darn insulting tone. I dont know if I qualify as a moderate, but I am personally not very interested in that kind of discussion.

And your and GG's anti-american BS is as annoying, insulting, and ignorant as dte's insinuation that all other countries are pansies that have the US wipe our butts for us…

Back
Top Bottom