Drakensang - German Demo

Even though i don't understand a word of German, i will probably download this. I want to see how the plays.

I can give you my first impressions of the game, if you like. So far, this seems to be a solid piece of work, the only thing that bothers me is that it feels a little cliche and childish sometimes. Nothing that surprises you during the first two hours of gametime. But it is stable, well done and looks promising, because there is a lot of depth in the character development, if you look at the character screens. And there is a lot of dice rolling gong on in the background. I like that :)

I've just been looking into the demo, and I found out that if you let the character go away from the town (from the standing point just after the generation - several classes are not available in the demo, by the way - ) instead of going to town, lets the char become stuck.

I didn't understand much of the German in the game. I spent a few minutes wandering around the countryside and managed to solve a couple of quests. The UI and combat really reminded me of NWN2.

But NWN2 is a DnD game, where this one seemed to use that Dark Eye ruleset. I didn't really get to the bottom of it, but judging from the character sheet, the system has plenty of stats and some skill trees. It would be interesting to know more of it. Hope they find a publisher for international versions.

I see there's been a lot of discussion over this game already. Thanks for the links.

The game looks great.

Actually it is amazing how many similarities it has with Dragon Age (at least what we seen at e3 , and what it is expected to be)

Lets hope it gets published in English

Damn, this game looks and plays great. This seems very close to pen and paper immersion. If it has a long play time and large world, I will be grabbing this as soon as it gets released in the US.

Doesn't it have the cutest animated cats in a game ever? I hope you can get pets later in the game. Loved them as a witcher in NWN, too.

Cats ? Uh, I didn't see them ... Where, where ? ;)

Besides, I don't remember any information on pets.

So I don't believe there are some in it. Too much work, perhaps.

Especially for hack & slay enthusiasts.

("Go away, cat ! Can't you see I'm just about to kill 10 Orcs for getting their loot ?")

Besides, to the killing: My character killed several wolves in the wood near the first village.

To my surprise, and old grandma learned about this : She was complaining about "eradicating the whole lot of wolves" which would bring imbalance to the wildlife ...

Another person talked about the great bear-head, which was hanging as a trophy at the entrance of the inn - after I had followed a small quest of this bear being a danger to the public there.

Great, to have so much detail ! :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom