EA - Lord of Ultima

Could this be laying the ground work for something more?

I hope it is....they have bioware now, why not give them a crack at ultima?

Some elements of Bioware games would be great for an Ultima - such as the full customability of the player character, the relationship with NPCs and Dragon Age's combat system.

On the other hands, some design aspects would be horrible, namely the rest of the world interaction (there is basically none), level-scaling of any kind and the linearity. So I would have mixed feelings about such a project.

Something to keep in mind that Heroes of Might and Magic Kingdoms is coming out soon (same style game), and this could be just a direct competition of that to leverage off the IP.

I don't think that EA will make an Ultima rpg anytime in the near future. Off course, I would love to be wrong.

Something to keep in mind that Heroes of Might and Magic Kingdoms is coming out soon (same style game), and this could be just a direct competition of that to leverage off the IP..

They actually changed the title, it's to be called Might and Magic Heroes Kingdoms now. Not sure why the slight change to the title, but my guess is so people wouldn't associate it that closely with HoMM main series.

Actually coming from the browsergame world this game is a mix of multiple genres. Beta testers can claim this.

So for the browsergame world this is a unseen game in quality. Beta testers can claim this.

See it as a mix of RTS (Tribalwars/Kingsage/grepolis) with RPG elements (quests, dungeons) with City Management (civilization)

I have high hopes for this browsergame as it will indirectly push a lot of browsergame developers to increase quality.

md
www.MakeWebGames.com

Actually coming from the browsergame world this game is a mix of multiple genres. Beta testers can claim this.

So for the browsergame world this is a unseen game in quality. Beta testers can claim this.

See it as a mix of RTS (Tribalwars/Kingsage/grepolis) with RPG elements (quests, dungeons) with City Management (civilization)

I have high hopes for this browsergame as it will indirectly push a lot of browsergame developers to increase quality.

md
www.MakeWebGames.com

So far it has just been a rehash of existing games (Ogame, Travian, Ikariam and Kingdoms of Camelot (Facebook game) as examples). The promise of some dungeons could add an interesting element, but until it is implemented, it may not be all that game changing.

One thing I did like and was different from the other games I have played, is that building placement does have an impact.

Yea the building placement is a nice and welcome change.

The part that you need watchtowers to see incoming attacks is also something I like.

And the dungeons are there already.

md
www.MakeWebGames.com

Last edited:
I hope it is….they have bioware now, why not give them a crack at ultima

I think they would be a really bad choice for ultima.... ultima is about a huge open breathing living world... with NPC schedules etc etc, it is almost the opposite of bioware games....

Back
Top Bottom