Eating wheat akin to food poisoning

http://www.wheatbellyblog.com/2011/12/do-you-have-food-poisoning/

Okay. Now it’s time to fess up.

Did you have a wheat indulgence–intentional or inadvertent–over the Christmas holiday? I’m now hearing about the aftermath of those “Oh, come on, just one gingerbread cookie!” indulgences. Or the wheat flour exposure from the “gluten-free” pie or cake made by your well-intended aunt or daughter-in-law.

People tell me about their cramps, gas, and diarrhea that started within minutes to hours afterwards, gastrointestinal effects that usually last 24-48 hours, occasionally longer. And it’s often a crampy, watery diarrhea, similar to that experienced after tainted chicken or contaminated produce. Yes, the cramps, gas, and diarrhea that result from wheat re-exposure after a period of abstinence resembles food poisoning.

Why would an innocent gingerbread cookie or slice of rhubarb pie cause such gastrointestinal disruption, no E coli or salmonella in sight?

Surprisingly, this exceptionally common situation has not been studied. So I’ll have to speculate. It might be the lectin of wheat, wheat germ agglutinin, that is indigestible. Wheat germ agglutinin enters the small intestine and, in effect, “unlocks” the normal intestinal barriers to foreign substances, causing intestinal “leakiness.” While it allows the entry of foreign substances into the bloodstream (leading to inflammatory conditions like rheumatoid arthritis), could there also be increased irritation and fluid loss that results in the food poisoning-like syndrome?

Wheat also disrupts the normal intestinal bacteria that reside in your small intestine and colon. Wheat-consuming people develop different bacteria in their gut, e.g., fewer bifidobacteria and more clostridia species. The wheat-free therefore experience a shift in gut bacteria over time. Does reintroduction of wheat cause abrupt disruption of intestinal bacteria, unleashing a barrage of bacterial breakdown products?

Whatever the cause, the cause-effect association is clear: Have a wheat indulgence after being wheat-free, and be prepared for a couple of days of intestinal turmoil not unlike having a hamburger at the fast food joint handled by the kid who failed to wash his hands after using the toilet. Just picture that in your mind the next time you are contemplating whether the pretzel or cookie is worth it.

I am stunned, this is true! I spent the last few months eating almost no wheat, and on Christmas I decided to eat it. Then on that night, I was hit with diarrhea. This is a perfect description of the symptoms I faced.

Yet another of the numerous reasons to avoid sweets, and grains, wheat especially. The wheat we have now is a transgenic monster, basically responsible for all of society's modern illnesses that our forefathers almost never suffered from.

My grandfather died from two diseases entirely due to the consumption of wheat and highly refined carbohydrates. I see many aunts and family members still in their young age starting to get such debilitating diseases, being forced to take abominations like Lipitor. I've learned that my uncle who has just reached middle age suffers from terribly high blood pressure.

Sugar, corn and especially wheat are why so many of the people we love are suffering terribly. Thank God for brave mavericks like Dr. Davis for speaking out about the truth of the evils of refined carbohydrates.

After months of eating multiple eggs a day along with bacon, ham, steak, chicken, butter, coconut oil, cashews, almonds, nuts, berries, whey protein, and 6 cups of organic green tea every day, I never felt better in my whole life. I get sick when I take the slightest hint of wheat, vegetable oil or sugar.

You guys are eating them every day and it shots up your blood glucose rate every time, and aren't even aware of the damage it is doing to your bodies. You simply owe it to yourself to forfeit cereals and sweets and see how drastically your health will improve.

You live in Amerikwa, your point is invalid.

do you like vegetables? i especially love pizza

do you like vegetables? i especially love pizza

That it has been classified as a vegetable shows how corrupt the USDA is, and how the food pyramid is wrong to begin with.

Here's a honest food pyramind, without the lobbying of the USDA, Kellogg's, Nabisco, Kraft and countless others who profit from wheat and wheat subsidies.

Except soy, soy is a Monsanto abomination. And legumes, too much omega 6.

atkins_diet_food_1.jpg

Eating battery produced poultry meat and eggs is unhealthy, spinach is a useless vegetable.

Seafood is the healtiest one from the base, though even that is kind of suspect in most cases.

I wouldn't dare touch anything produced in those awful industrial farms, I get nausea just of thinking on those documentaries.

And Tofu is not even funny.

Seafood is problematic because of all the pollution, so it's probably wise to limit your consumption of it.

Also, industrial meat, poultry, eggs are still very good, just not as good as the ones made under better conditions.

Seafood is problematic because of all the pollution, so it's probably wise to limit your consumption of it.

Also, industrial meat, poultry, eggs are still very good, just not as good as the ones made under better conditions.
retarded.png

HHR, while I am not doubting what you say, have you considered that the real reason for your diarhea is not exactly wheat, but fiber? Thing is, many wheat products are high in fiber. Fiber is very good for you, but if you have no fiber for a long time and then suddenly binge on it, you will get dirhea immediately.

Meats are excellent since they have no carbs and high protein.

Carbs should always be taken in moderation, unless if you work out regularly, in which case you need carbs to recover and grow muscle. Complex carbs are the best, since they are not converted into sugar and fat immediately.

Sugar is pure evil. Try to limit sugar to once a week only.

That it has been classified as a vegetable shows how corrupt the USDA is, and how the food pyramid is wrong to begin with.

Here's a honest food pyramind, without the lobbying of the USDA, Kellogg's, Nabisco, Kraft and countless others who profit from wheat and wheat subsidies.

Except soy, soy is a Monsanto abomination. And legumes, too much omega 6.

atkins_diet_food_1.jpg

I'm sorry but the Atkins plan may be honest to the Atkins diet, but it isn't a legitimate food pyramid. The Atkins diet is great for slimming down, of course with the amount of fat you take in, you're likely to get a heart attack or a stroke. The atkins diet is the definition of fad diet and NOTHING from those hacks should be taken as good advice.

Spoken like a true deluded 'tard, brainwashed by the media.

If you follow the Atkins diet with a proper and regular cardio routine, your heart will stay fit as a fiddle.

Sorry, blatantninja, but you're wrong. Atkins is often used for quick weight loss, but it is meant to be a life-long diet.

Also, the consumption of animal fat actually helps with heart disease. Internal cholesterol has nothing to do with dietary cholesterol. The whole "fat clogging your arteries" is based on bad science that refuses to die. Not a single reliable clinical study ever demonstrated that fat was harmful in this regard.

Heart disease is actually caused by the inflammation brought about by the consumption of food with a high glycemic index.

Watch this eye opening film and you will understand it all:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/196879/fat-head

People are brainwashed and dumbfounded about nutrition. There are just many misconceptions. Consuming animal fat in high quantity, does not cause the body to store more fat. Consuming dietary cholesterol in massive quantity, does not cause high blood plasma cholesterol. Period. And while I'm at this, one calorie certainly doesn't equal to one calorie. If you think you can eat 4000 calorie of twinkie daily, over 4000 calorie of actual food, you are mad.

And yes, seafood is polluted as hell, especially if you live in East Asia or Southeast Asia, like I live in Cathay. I think the disadvantages of commercial meat is absolutely miniscule. Even the fat of the worst factory pork, is still galaxies superior than the dreaded vegetable oil.

And HHR, you are still a troll.

And wtf, Akins? Really? Tofu? Looks more like a cheap way to get Asians' support. Soy usage, besides traditional fermented soy, is completely outrageously pathetic. Every morning, I see my neighbors gulping down their precious soy milk, just makes me want to gouge my eyes out.

Soy is the cheapest crop in the world next to rape seed. No wonder they magically discover new ways the terribly unbalanced and unabsorbable protein of soy and the probably unbelievably horrificly unhealthy canola oil are good for you.

Why do so few people realize how much money gets dumped into this kind of 'research' as a marketing tool?

Back
Top Bottom