Tabula Rasa - Interview @ TenTonHammer

Dhruin

SasqWatch
TenTonHammer has an interview on Tabula Rasa with NCSoft community manager CuppaJo:
TTH: So what is there to do in Tabula Rasa besides kill stuff?
April: We have a waypoint teleporter system for explorer types. You need to walk past them to add them to your teleporter list. As you explore, you increase your travel options for getting around the world.
We also have a customizable chat system with a tabbed chat interface. You start with three default tabs and can then customize them, color code them, et cetera. Voice chat functionality is build right into the client, which is nice with the faster gameplay, and we have the clan system and taverns to kill time in.
More information.

In other words, nothing.

I tried the beta and all the innovation Garriott spews about escaped me. Maybe it is me.

TTH had massive coverage of the MMOs at the GC. Not sure if the articles were posted at MMOWatch.

You can use transporters to move to things to kill, and you can chat about the things you kill or you can just go kill stuff, what's not to interest you here?

/laugh

And this coming from the man who created UO, the first true 'sandbox' world, without levels, with every world item 'droppable, or placeable', open housing if you could find clear land, real crafts based on real world raw material gathering, etc, etc..
Hey! I have an idea, lets make an MMO where you just shoot stuff! or.. if you're bored, you can shoot each other?!!
I"m so bored with the current crop of MMO's and the future is looking like a whole lot of the same old boring crap.
/sigh
Sorry for the rant, but good grief!

Back
Top Bottom