Wasteland 2 - Video Preview @ Cram Gaming

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Robert Cram has a new video preview of the last version of Wasteland 2 that was just updated to share his opinion on the state of the game.

Warning: The Video does contain spoilers.

A look at the post apocalyptic Wasteland 2 which launches proper in August and is available now via Steam early access.
More information.

Urgh, this Wasteland 2 is getting worse with each iteration. Name says it all: Waste..

Observe Fallout 1, graphics design overall the colors atmosphere, battle screens, pure awesome. This W2? Maybe inXile should can the project? :(

I'm looking forward to the game. Lots of people complained about Might and Magic X during the beta too, but it turns out that most people enjoyed it. I certainly did. The game is not going to be a new Fallout I. Just like MMX was not a 1:1 copy of Xeen or Might and Magic 7.

What did Mercy dislike in the video ?

I have no idea either. But then again i didnt watch it much. Like to keep this game as pure as possible till the release of the gold version.

He means (probably) that the game doesnt have a very strong artistic / visual design. It's all extremely generic, it looks exactly like hundreds of other games before it (though the setting itself does set it apart a bit). The game itself could be great though, i personally dont really like the graphics in Fallout 3 or NV but the games were great fun anyways.

Urgh, this Wasteland 2 is getting worse with each iteration. Name says it all: Waste..

Observe Fallout 1, graphics design overall the colors atmosphere, battle screens, pure awesome. This W2? Maybe inXile should can the project? :(

Absolute nonsense. Fallout 1 is OLD. Is it great, and a classic? Of course. If that is your nirvana, then by all means enjoy 1997.

This gave me high hopes for the game. FFWD to 21min.

Last edited:
I'm having two questions here:

1. From all I know you create 4 rangers at the start of the game, this being your core party. Is there a special player main character or are these 4 characters equally "important" (considering plot and gameplay)?

2. When one of the social skills can be used in a conversation, is there some kind of feedback for the player, which skill the dialog option is derived of? Haven't noticed anything like this in the videos so far...

I'm having two questions here:

1. From all I know you create 4 rangers at the start of the game, this being your core party. Is there a special player main character or are these 4 characters equally "important" (considering plot and gameplay)?

2. When one of the social skills can be used in a conversation, is there some kind of feedback for the player, which skill the dialog option is derived of? Haven't noticed anything like this in the videos so far…

Based on my time with the game, there's no character more special than any other - and you're free to switch between them at any time.

Yes, you get to see the social skills affecting dialogue choices - and with the new UI, it's really easy to pick the right character for the kind of response you want to make - as the social skills are listed on the left during conversations.

Personally, I would have preferred a less gamey system where your characters were all a natural part of the conversation. As is, you essentially "game" the dialogues by going back and forth between characters.

I just can't see a wasteland in this perspective... wasteland = First person perspective!

It does not help the game is shown by a player with little interest in that type of game.
Long texts do not help also.
The game would do with some polish, sounds effects are poor, soundtrack is flat, and the overall looks dull.

Where is the excitment, where is the passion, where is the flame?

Back
Top Bottom