DA:O Orzammar spoiler question *SPOILERS*

Dragon Age: Origins

RivianWitch

Keeper of the Watch
So.. -do I have to choose a side (Bahlen vs Harrowmont) right from the beginning, or can I play both sides for a bit? I'd like to suss things out a bit first, before I commit, but both the starting quests for either side seems to be a commitment...

I played both sides till the end sequence, just have to do some extra talking once you finish the first quest.

Is it possible to complete the starting quests for both parties? Or do you have to choose one, and then talk your way back into working for both of them after you finish it?

Thanks Melvil. Also, there's an instance where you can defend a merchant in The Commons (Figor) from some thugs that are trying to extort him. You have a choice of intimidating them into leaving his store, or you can kill them. Figor freaks out and leaves if you kill them. Does he ever return?

Hmm, don't think you can use that store after the incident unless you intimidate them to leave. He doesn't have anything important I think (at least I never noticed anything worth remembering).

Hmm, don't think you can use that store after the incident unless you intimidate them to leave. He doesn't have anything important I think (at least I never noticed anything worth remembering).

He has the recipe for Greater Health Potion. I hadn't found that one before shopping with him (although its possible I simply missed it at another merchant).

Thanks, JDR,

Next question: what could I have done wrong if I'm already busy with Caradin's Cross - almost cleaned the entire place out already, and I still have not met Ogghrim?

Back in Orzammar, some time ago, I did see an argument between him and that guard, or whatever, and I did speak to the guard about the argument. He said Oggrim would probably be heading to Tapster's, since he was a drunk.

I've since periodically searched the entire Tapster's, but no Ogghrim…
I'm backing Lord Harrowmont, btw. I decided to play the Dwarven noble origin for some more background, and anyone who played it would know why I'm backing Harrowmont…

Next question: what could I have done wrong if I'm already busy with Caradin's Cross - almost cleaned the entire place out already, and I still have not met Ogghrim?

Ogghrim should have been in one of 2 places, either in Tapster's, or standing near the entrance to the Deep Roads. I've never heard of him being anywhere else.

As soon as you receive the 'Anvil of the Void' quest, he leaves Tapster's and waits for you at the entrance.

Oh nooo! Then my game is broken somehow... I do have "Anvil of the Void", but no Ohgren anywhere to be seen - I've now gone to the Aeducan thaig as well, to see if he's not perhaps there, but no Oghren, I'm afraid... :cry:

Hmmm- seems like there are people with a similar problem to mine, but strangely, although the forum allows me to post in the non-spoiler section, it says I don't meet the requirements to post in the spoiler sections, and this is of course while I'm logged into my account with my game...

Ok, here is the strangest thing..- I was really getting a bit worried since I was alreay heading for the Dead Trenches, and still no sign of Oghren..- so I decided to go check in camp..-and there's Oghren - only I don't remember recruiting him at all...
Either I'm going mad, or there's a glitch in the game somewhere...

In any case, I'm relieved to finally meet him, though he won't talk to me... :p

Probably glitch. No worry, you could looking him up for in the next play through.

In my game he was the one stopped my party and asked to tag alone when my party nearing the gate to Deep Roads.

Back
Top Bottom