The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

I just did Tempest Spine run on hard for the first time, WOW. Got lost a bit but luckily most of the guys in our group of 7-8 knew where to go. I'm about 5k away from 11, I think. Holding on to 9 as long as I can before I hit the limit. I'm actually in this for the favor more then the XP. It is getting harder and harder to solo some of these higher level quests though. My single biggest flaw are traps...they kill me instantly, anyone have ideas to get past them as a Sorcerer? I have about 150HP 1000+SP at level 9.

Elite traps are not meant to be ignored. The best defense is a good Rogue, Arty, or some such build that is trap-capable, and can remove them for you. The second best defense is a really good reflex save, and appropriate Resist Energy and even Protection From Energy cast on you. Heroism and Greater Heroism boost saves BTW. The third and final defense is having so many hit points that you don't give a flip.

Beyond that, sheer speed and height is your best bet. Haste and Jump spells, and try to leap over it. But this is not always possible, and you don't always make it when it is.

Tempest Spine is incredibly fun, I want to try a guild run once we're all at 12. It's also really good XP, which is important for a TR. I think Peter and myself should know the route well enough, and we should have all bases covered. I'll bring my Arty for the INT runes, so Alrik can bring his Cleric.

This sounds like a plan. ;) (*nudge* *nudge* ;) )

... Did Stormcleave Outpost today - alone. Took 2, almost 3 hours, if I remember correctly.

Got around 5000 points xp, but I didn't notice that I had a streak for my Artificer going on. I saw it just when I had almost completed everything. 2 hours of work wasn't worth for me keeping the streak.

Finally, I took the so-called "Legendary" guild renown thing (because the end reward wasn't great but not that great in my eyes), which grated me 3550 points guild renown (1000 basic) at that time. Quite a number !

The further my plans go, the less likely it is that I'll be able to play on Frioday - but it isn't totally ruled out yet.

I'll be on dial-up for the next 2 weeks, but I will be there!! :)

I will have to leave early this week for the regular session, as I have an appointment with the tax man which I've been putting off for months, but otherwise I'll be there :)

Sounds like we're looking at a shortened session, then. That's 3 that will be limited.

Last edited:
A new store report :

35 % off the Phiarlan Carnival pack. (It's my personal favourite, because it is - imho - so much different than other packs.)

25 % off -

- "Stat Tomes"
- Quest XP Elixirs
- "Lesser & Greater Tomes Of Learning"
- Upgrade : Lesser -> Greater "Tome Of Learning"

The new Free Item Of The Week :

October 19 - 25
Enchanted Repair-All Kit
Use Coupon Code ERAK67
1/Account

Please remember that I'll be back later tomorrow evening (local time).
I will most likely be quite exhausted, too. Which means that I will be able to play oinly 1 quest, I assume, if any.

"Heroism and Greater Heroism boost saves BTW. The third and final defense is having so many hit points that you don't give a flip."

Interesting...did not know that. I will get heroism and false life then.
Thanks and any other tips are appreciated. I've been hitting up the auctions lately...very addicting. No one seems to buy mine but I try to snipe some of the lower priced items that I need, trinkets and Tomes.

False Life the spell only gives temporary hp, which are gone in a hit or two. Even with full amounts of temp hp from GH, FL, and Aid, you're only looking at around 100hp. You want the best False Life item, which gives regular hp, in 5, 10, 20, 30, or 40hp amounts. The spell Rage also gives +2 CON, so a few more hp from that. I try to keep Rage going full-time on my Sorc and Bard.

AH is a give or take thing, but it's much worse now than it used to be. Cannith Crafting has caused many of the good items that a new player used to find for cheap that were useful. But you can always luck out and find a good deal.

In a couple more levels, we should be able to get you a Minos. That's a helm that has heavy fortification (100%) and toughness (+20hp, stacks with false life items). After getting Klubbir his (and he was my last toon lacking one), I've still got 27 taps, so I can still get someone covered.

I think you can use the Minos from level 11 so Alrik's cleric can get in now. Is there a level requirement to enter the Orchard? I thnk the quest giver is in the public area, but maybe you can't get the quest until you are at a certain level.

Klubbir went in as level 12.

Hm, never considered entering this area that early.

And, besides, for getting him a Minos helmet, wouldn't he have to buy Necro 4 for that ?
Because you get it from the colectors therem, and you can reach them only if you have the pack, or have I misunderstood something there ?

@Sherwin, you can enter Necropolis as such, lower necropolis, that is, but there just isn't anything going on there. You just can't access the quests there without having bought the quest packs.

And upper necropolis, if I remember and understand it correctly, can only be accessed by buying the Necro 4 pack.

And yes, items with "wrong life" and with fort are a "must-have", especially in higher levels. Lower levels not that much.

We can guest pass him in. He'd have to pick up the tapestry bag, then trade the 20 taps and put them in the bag (I found out the hard way that the guy will only accept taps from the bag, not out of inventory like he used to) to turn in.

I didn't run anything in the area with Klubbir, Alrik. Just pop into the "public" section of necro4 and hit the quest givers.

Ah, okay, so I misunderstood you. Sorry.

I've found casting Stone Skin, Haste, and Heroism goes a long way to surviving. Any other buffs to constantly keep up for my Sorcerer? I also keep my hireling Cleric who casts Summon Monster V to keep the mobs busy while I send fireballs at them.

I've also bought a +1 tomes for INT, WIS and a +2 DEX thanks to Alrik. Waiting on my +1 STR and CONST in the auction house. Running out of money quickly with those.

Back
Top Bottom