Risen 3: Titan Lords - Recorded Twitch Stream

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Deep Silver hosted a live stream event on Twitch.Tv eariler today for Risen 3: Titan Lords. Unfortunately the event is over but they posted a recording of the live event.

Just a warnig the video takes a bit of time to load.
smiley-smile.gif

More information.

No comments yet guys?

Just a small warning as the video contains spoilers.

So you have been warned.;)

Based on that stream it appears to be Risen 2 with a more fleshed out world, more interactivity and slightly better combat animations. The first half of the stream takes place on Antigua which appeared to be about the same in every respect.

few NPCs, they all look stiff, just standing there. Why even create a whole town, just line up all 7 the good old Diablo 2 way and hop to it )

it looks so dead, moreso than Skyrim. bleah

Anyway, its a good time for RPGs. Before you'd've played anything u can across, now you can pick them apart, and not waste time on <8 grade

It looks like Risen 2 but with improved water and wind effects and nicer foliage. I like what I've seen so far.

I hope we're not forced to always have a companion though.

It looks like Risen 2 but with improved water and wind effects and nicer foliage. I like what I've seen so far.

I hope we're not forced to always have a companion though.

I heard a companion is optional.

I only saw first 5 minutes of it but as others have mentioned it looks like improved Risen 2.

I don't know about the mini map, can it be turned off?

One of the marketing videos that came out made mention that exploration can be done with or without a compass, so I hope it's optional

Not all that impressive, especially since half of the stream is in location already known from Risen 2. Still, even taking only the second half in consideration, for all the back-to-the-roots marketing, what I've seen looked way closer to Risen 2 that Gothics.
And the engine seemed to be hardly improved, there were noticeable framedrops in the stream.

That, and day 1 DLC, for 40 quid? No thank you.

Edit: Forgot to add, the protagonist voice acting is atrocious. I couldn't stand it already.

Last edited:
That's B..it.
The game is is very good, way better than the last P.B. games.
It's their best effort since Gothic 2.

Erm... G2? I actually loved also G3 no matter the mess and both Risen games. So there.

Guys I just can't force myself into watching this now, I just hope the inventory won't be horrible and that's all.

there were noticeable framedrops in the stream.

If you are talking about the occasional lockups.. I took that to be Internet streaming problems and not local performance issue. In other words, I don't think it was the game locking up. You can tell because when it resumes he never mentions it and the gameplay continues as if frames were dropped, not as if the game locked up for a second or two.

I don't like beating on stuff for 20-40 seconds all the time. His character was early in development, so maybe that doesn't represent general combat. Hopefully the power will scale better than its predecessor, because with the absolute best weapons, I could almost one-shot the weakest enemies in Risen 2. That is not cool in an action RPG, and the first time that problem came up in a PB game.

That streaming quality video was also actually a notch above the 360 in-game playing quality for Risen 2. I want the game for my 360, I just hope it doesn't look funky compressed and low res like its predecessor.

with the absolute best weapons, I could almost one-shot the weakest enemies in Risen 2. That is not cool in an action RPG, and the first time that problem came up in a PB game.

Huh? Why would it be a problem that you can almost one-shot the weakest enemies with the "absolute best" weapons? I'd say that's on par with most action-rpgs.

Risen 3 is really considered an action-RPG? I would say the Risen games are hardcore RPGs.

Is Gothic considered an action-RPG? When I think of action-RPGs I think of Diablo, Sacred, etc. Not Gothics and Risen...

Huh? Why would it be a problem that you can almost one-shot the weakest enemies with the "absolute best" weapons? I'd say that's on par with most action-rpgs.

You have a double-barreled thunderstick with maxed out sharpshooting skills and you sight down a little sand critter that first attacked you in the game, and you shoot it and it is still stun-locking toward you, that is underwhelming. This didn't happen all the time, but it happened with muskets and shotguns. With swords it was even worse.

At a point in a game where you are clearly superior to an enemy, it should be one-shotted, preferably with a ridiculous over-the-top knockback animation in concession to your awesomeness. Hitting the weakest enemy twice when you are at the top of the game is a waste of a hit, actually a bit degrading, and beating on a mid-range enemy for 20 seconds at the top is equally wasteful. No level-scaling means these contests are not in doubt, so they should eventually be trivial in time consumption.

About the action-rpg thing, I consider Elder Scrolls Oblivion+, Gothics, Risens, and Dark Souls all action RPGs because fighting is a lot of action. Just the combat part, as opposed to turn-based or roll a dice to see if I hit kind of thing.

Last edited:
Risen 1 & 2 are not actionRPG per any definition:
1. Mobs don't respawn endlessly so it's not Diablo type action RPG
2. It's not a shooter with RPG elements thus is not Mass Effect type action RPG

Risen 3 also won't be action RPG.

Joxer, is there not at least a:
3. fighting requires timing and skill Dark Souls type action RPG?

Where the line between DS and other games like Risens and Gothics is kind of arbitrary?

Dark Souls is endless respawn game. It's not #3 it's #1.
And as such not only I didn't buy it, but will never buy it. See, I have a job. I don't want another.
As completely different from that crap, Risen 3 when announced was instabuy for me (let's put aside the DLC mess that almost made me not buy, it's a separate matter).

Back
Top Bottom