BioWare - DA3 in 2014 on new consoles?

You're ignoring the up-front cash and blanket marketing Microsoft will provide for an exclusive launch title from BioWare.

^ this. We will not be seeing a DA 3 on the PC before 2015 - if ever.

I can't think of any of their games being technologically impressive or giving the impression that better hardware would have contributed to a significant degree.

Well mass effect was for its time, and for the machine it released on.

I'm now even more interested in seeing what this game is going to be like since it will likely be one of the first RPGs to come out for the next gen consoles.

A lot of automated sales. Considering how old consoles are and will be in 2014, adding appealing games to convince players to change their system wont be necessary.

And by providing one of the few games of the type on a new console, Bioware is warranteed to sell quite well.

I work in marketing and I simply cannot understand the logic of delaying things for making a splash in a new console; the actual consoles have a huge installed costumer base already and you are likely to see at least 7 mil i sales for the new GTA5 because of that. Even if they announce the new consoles around CES and release on next years Xmas they wouldn't have a installed base of users of even 15 million by mid 2014…I can understand it for titles such as Fallout 4, which makes a lot of business sense but Bioware´s credibility is on the dumps right now and they think they could compete with Bethesdsa o the new consoles? not bloody likely

At first glance this might make sense, but the reality is, that the way to establish a huge installed consumer base is, to make the consumers to buy the new consoles, by delivering such new titles (everyone wants to play) ONLY on those new consoles. If they still would deliver these games to all consoles, there would be no incentive to also buy the new consoles.

So you see, they really have no choice here. Consoles are usually pressed into the market with really strong launch titles other platforms lack.

I'm not saying this because I agree or prefer it this way, but...

Back
Top Bottom