DA:Inquisition - New DLC & Patch 6

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
BioWare announced a new DLC for DA:Inquisition on Twitter Today. The New DLC is called Jaws of Hakkon, and it will be released tomorrow for the consoles, and PC.

You can view some leaked screenshots thanks to GameBanshee for finding them. They also releasd Patch six today on Origin so here is the new changelog.

Patch 6 for Dragon Age: Inquisition improves overall game stability, implements a number of bug fixes, and introduces some multiplayer improvements. The Katari multiplayer kit now has more HP and generates guard on hit.

PC-specific: PC users will see improvements in mouse look toggle, and we’ve added binding support for mice with more than two buttons.
More information.

DLC? From EA? Whatta surprise, never would see it coming...

And that Hakkon thing... It is just another bear, right?
:evilgrin:

The comment I've read about the DLCs on Reddit and the official forums are "outch". It's just a new zone with some new banter and a dungeon.

I wonder if they are going to copy Skyrim's DLC schedule. This one seems a bit earlier than I recall the DLC coming for Skyrim. o_O

Well, the positive thing is that the DLC doesn't seem to be important for the main story. ;)

I don't see a reason to buy this one. Give me a full expansion and we'll talk. Don't see something like this coming though.

Another region and dragon? I need more story and continuation of the Solas plot.

He ran off with my second best Mage equipment

I was hoping for something in the vein of Awakening for DA1.

I was hoping for something in the vein of Awakening for DA1.

Yep...oh well. Then again, we probably will get that as well...this first DLC is just leftovers from development. I'm sure EA plans to push out a higher-priced "expansion" soon enough.

Another region and dragon? I need more story and continuation of the Solas plot.

He ran off with my second best Mage equipment
Well if you don't know anything about the lore of Thedas then lets just say Solas has a bigger part to play in the next Dragon Age sequel, or next expansion.

The Inquisitor should be worried about his curse instead of clothes.
I wonder if they are going to copy Skyrim's DLC schedule. This one seems a bit earlier than I recall the DLC coming for Skyrim. o_O

Well this DLC costs $15, and only adds a new region to explore. Like someone said above it's probably cut content, or material they couldn't finish before it's release.

Last edited:

Looks alright to me. I'll be having it.

Wasn't Patch 6 supposed to add the Black Emporium?

Wasn't Patch 6 supposed to add the Black Emporium?
Many people have asked that question on the BioWare forums, but BioWare hasn't said anything since announcing it wouldn't be in patch 5. I have a feeling it will not be free .

I am a Bioware fanboi (except for their MMO, and not a big fan of DA2 either) but DLC like this from anyone does not interest me. I enjoy playing through a game in the context of the entire story, and to jump back into a game just to play another region is not interesting to me unless the region is a very good story all on its own.

Since I always wait a few months for patches before playing, I can tolerate this kind of DLC. I can see the downsides for sure, but for me, since I wait until I think a game is complete, it means more content in the finished product. Since the age of DLC, I tend to think of the finished product as the GOTY edition, that comes with everything.

I suppose the question of whether DLC is a good thing comes down to whether it is content that is simply withheld to be monetized later, or whether it is good material that could not have been added unless made and paid for after release.

Back
Top Bottom