Original Sin EE - Previews

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Gamespot have a video in which Swen and Farhang are interviewed while playing Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition.

The Koalition checked out the game as well.

In the original game, skill progression took a dive after level 12/13. Rebalancing has taken place, keeping players engaged instead of things somewhat stalling until late game. A few other updates, a couple subtle and one not so much, will make things a bit easier and also show that the community has been heard. Previously, turn order was a bit convoluted but now it’ll be on the top of the HUD. You can also examine enemies weaknesses and strengths if your character’s intelligence is high enough. Additionally, dual wielding had been requested many times and is now coming in the enhanced editions. All one-handed weapons will be dual wield eligible.

On top of all this, two new unique characters are added to the campaign and the game will now be fully voiced. Originally, only scarce points of dialogue had accompanying audio. Now, over 88,000 lines have been added to add value to the role-playing experience. The writing for the game was already a strong point and some solid voice acting will be bringing the clever banter right on home.
More information.

On top of all this, two new unique characters are added to the campaign...

Any more info on this? Are these two new, unique companions, or simply two extra NPCs?

I lol'd at that.

I think the writing for this game is above average compared with many CRPGs. I think what's more controversial about it is the style. Many people are put off by the comedic writing style and prefer a more serious tone. But I like their humor and the light-footed writing style though I also like more serious writing too.

Back
Top Bottom