What should i play first?

I played Gothic 2 two times.Gorath,it really doesnt matter which you play first.I just wanted to play first the best overall game.I'm really tired of getting disapointed by games claiming that there are rpgs.To be honest Gothic 3 with the patch looks very promising to my eyes.If it is half as good as gothic 2 i have no problem.But on the other hand the idea of playing a nice rpg in the world of darkness sounds like a great idea spending my evenings

I've played Gothic 3 and Two Worlds and would rate G3 somewhat higher. It is shallow compared to its predecessor, but the world is fairly believable and looks good. The game is taxing on your hardware though. Compared to previous Gothics I'd say that character interaction and dialogue is much worse, but character development is better. The combat is a bit unbalanced and turn some people off the game.

Two worlds is fun but much lighter. I find it a mixture between Oblivion and Diablo, and IMHO it is more entertaining than both. The game is more optimized than G3 but can look very cartoonish on too low settings. There are a few threads and IIRC an internal review of the game on this site:) This game also suffers a bit from unbalanced combat in that your character relatively soon reaches a level where only a few enemies can touch you.

From a general point of view, G3 has some terrible design flaw in the fights and that's an important part of the game. It doesn't compare well with the previous titles of the series despite plenty improvements in some area, but it worth more than many modern CRPG anyway, I admit that. Plus for the CRPG fan it's a must play.

Well,i want to thank you all for your suggestions.Vampire:Bloodlines will sonn be at my hands(though i am with the werewolf side).Let the blood flow.I found Gothic 3 from a friend and it is already at my home,but i will play it after VB.

p.s.:Can someone make a list with the rpgs coming in 2008?I hope Drakensang will be as good as Shadows over Riva.Happy christmass holidays to all

Back
Top Bottom