Eschalon: Book II - Interview @ Colony of Gamers

magerette

Hedgewitch
Colony of Gamers posts an interview by rune_74 with Basilisk Games on their upcoming indie cRPG, Eschalon:Book II, complete with some choice interface screenshots:
..Can you list off some of the other new features that have been added?

There are so many! I really encourage anyone who is looking forward to Book II to head over to our website and browse the forums- I believe a fairly comprehensive list of new features is posted there. But to sum it up, Book II has a new 1024x768 default resolution, gender selectable characters, changing weather that can affect gameplay, new skills, new challenges, new goals, larger game world, and much, much more.
..There were two major complaints for the first game, length and speed of walking, have these been addressed in book 2?

Yes, we've increased the walking speed by about 20%. This gives the character a quicker stride and allows you to cover more ground in less time. Also, we've added more QuickTravel points so that once you've reached specific destinations, you can add that location to your QuickTravel menu and instantly return with the click of your mouse.

As for the length of the game- Book II's regional areas and dungeons are larger than its predecessor, and we've extended the limit of your character's development out to level 30 (Book I has a level cap of 21). Our goal is to make Book II about 15 to 20 hours longer than Book I.
Thanks to rune_74 for giving us the heads up on his interview in the forums.
More information.

Awesome guys, thank you so much....There you go Thomas.

Back
Top Bottom