Role-ing Solo @ WarCry

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Over at WarCry they have a piece called Rolecraft: Role-ing Solo on the potential of single-player games as roleplaying vehicles and other related stuff. It's written from a MMORPGers perspective and here's a snip:
I was telling my RP friend Wendy a couple days ago about The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, and how I easily roleplay my characters therein. Oblivion is the best and most current game I can use as an example, even though the game was released in 2006. Oblivion is a huge game, with an incredibly large and open world, and is a great game for RP. Simply remove the massively-multiplayer and online aspects from an MMORPG, and you could have Oblivion. The game, that is. Aside from speech, if you ever want to give yourself a test to find out how much of a roleplayer you (think) you are, make Oblivion your testing ground. I think you'll be surprised at what you find out about yourself and your RP style.
More information.

Well, I think that using Oblivion is perfect - because based on coming from the other side it feels like a single player MMO ...

Rp that stick to you and influence? The Witcher. I can't get the phrase: fuck co-op existince out of my head anymore. You just have to love the dwarves.
Gothic: All will be alright/well
Or the voice of Geralt or Kain and raziel are some voices I use a lot in my fantasy with games

Back
Top Bottom