Risen 3 My Risen 3 Impressions

I agree with others here that Risen 3 was a bit too long. When I think about my end game I did feel like I just wanted to be done.

But I think had the game had more difficulty, that could have been alleviated or avoided. So much content in R3 went unused (by me) simply because the game was too easy and I lost interest in developing my character as a result.

To this day, I still remember how difficult it was to clear out that stone tomb in G2. Even when returning as a very high level character it was rough. I had to level up, I had to make stat boosting potions. I had to have high level weapons. To achieve that you have to set off into the world to gain experience, to earn money, to learn skills, find ingredients & equipment and so on. It made extending your playtime meaningful and fun.

To this day, I still remember how difficult it was to clear out that stone tomb in G2. Even when returning as a very high level character it was rough. I had to level up, I had to make stat boosting potions. I had to have high level weapons. To achieve that you have to set off into the world to gain experience, to earn money, to learn skills, find ingredients & equipment and so on. It made extending your playtime meaningful and fun.

Great post. :)

If you're having trouble with the stone tomb..try rain of fire scroll + speed potion. :) Hoarding few death to undead scrolls can be helpfull too.

If you're having trouble with the stone tomb..try rain of fire scroll + speed potion. :) Hoarding few death to undead scrolls can be helpfull too.

I'll have try that out the next time I play G2! Thanks for the tip.

The difference between Risen 3 & Risen 2 was night and day in terms of overall experience IMO.

Risen 2 had a superbly crafted world, fun gun combat (the button changes in Risen 3 feel really odd), nicely balanced difficulty, an interesting story, and most of some brilliant humour and dialogue.

Risen 3 does a lot right, but after 3 attempts to play through it (around the 10 hour mark each) I just found it far more boring and monotonous and gave up each time. It's just a far duller game, with what seems like loads of chore-like filler quests and dialogue to wade through. The lack of charisma from the main character makes a huge difference IMO.

The difference between Risen 3 & Risen 2 was night and day in terms of overall experience IMO.

Risen 2 had a superbly crafted world, fun gun combat (the button changes in Risen 3 feel really odd), nicely balanced difficulty, an interesting story, and most of some brilliant humour and dialogue.

Risen 3 does a lot right, but after 3 attempts to play through it (around the 10 hour mark each) I just found it far more boring and monotonous and gave up each time. It's just a far duller game, with what seems like loads of chore-like filler quests and dialogue to wade through. The lack of charisma from the main character makes a huge difference IMO.

That's something you don't hear everyday, but I agree. It was mostly a better game than the second, but somehow even more disappointing…It tried to recreate classics in a sense, but this only showed that "Gothic" isn't there.
I think PB needs better writers for Elex, more than anything else…I'm a bit worried about them as with every game they seem to be falling more and more behind.

Back
Top Bottom