Buy Britannia Manor II!

You pay taxes for owning a house? Where I live I pay less taxes for owning one (thanks to mortgages)...

Only $4.1 million for Britannia Manor?
I've got to have it!! I need to start saving now… only $4,097,800 dollars to go.

BTW… why didn't Remax post pics of the dungeon/torture room and the last resting place of Pedro? While some people have skeletons in their closet, Richard Garriott keeps his human corpse in the coffin in his basement.

http://www.mtv.com/videos/news/1608...actitioner-or-vampire-hunter.jhtml#id=1564231

Last edited:
OMG! That's near I-35, which goes right near my home! I live just up the street from Lord British! (Well... two states up the street...)

I would buy it but there would be way too much dusting to do.

Only $4.1 million for Britannia Manor?
I've got to have it!! I need to start saving now… only $4,097,800 dollars to go.

BTW… why didn't Remax post pics of the dungeon/torture room and the last resting place of Pedro? While some people have skeletons in their closet, Richard Garriott keeps his human corpse in the coffin in his basement.

http://www.mtv.com/videos/news/1608...actitioner-or-vampire-hunter.jhtml#id=1564231

Do you know of any other videos of the house? That one has that lovely "not available in your region" message.

Tiny Rant BEGIN:

When are corporations going to get with the program and realize that the internet has no oceans or boundries? Comdey Central realized this years ago and I love them for that.

END of tiny rant :cool:

Don't know why but this makes me a little sad..

Is it his new wife that is making him sell it? :)

I looked through the pictures and thought about him dreaming up Ultima plots.

They should turn it into a museum or something.

Was the place up for sale when he did that MTV Cribs show, or whatever that vid was? I'm sure he thought his magnetic hiding places were cool and all, but it's kind of stupid to show off where you have your safe. :p

Edit: I couldn't find the exact same vid, Skaven, but here are two others. The first focuses on the hidden spaces:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM109_EbMcs

The second points out of few oddities and examples of the macabre in his collection:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BasXNb4UPnQ

Last edited:
OMG! That's near I-35, which goes right near my home! I live just up the street from Lord British! (Well… two states up the street…)

I would buy it but there would be way too much dusting to do.

Actually, it's right off of loop 360, I lived down the street from the old boy for about a year and would occasionally drive past the house just to check it out. I have a friend from High School now working for Garriot, and he actually got to go to a few parties inside the damn house, lucky bastard.

Don't know why but this makes me a little sad..

Is it his new wife that is making him sell it? :)

I looked through the pictures and thought about him dreaming up Ultima plots.

They should turn it into a museum or something.

I think it is the cost of maintaining two huge houses, his other castle is like a medieval fortress.

What is the other one? I thought #3 was the unfinished one.

Thanks Huggy.

Looking at the vids this quote comes to mind, "It's good to be the king." :cool:

$4,100,000 ? He's not going to make any money that way.
I'm not saying that he should sell it for one dollar but I'm certain that he he could sell a lot more manors if he charged $10 - $15 for each.

Well I was planning on moving back to Austin anyway....

wow thats cheap! In UK the tax for buying a house over 1m is 5% so you will pay 205k!!!!

You Americans are lucky bastards :)

That's not the sales tax (there is none in Texas), that's the ANNUAL property tax bill. Not so cheap.

Hmmm, my company has offices down in Texas. Is it near Houston or Borger?

Back
Top Bottom