Might & Magic X - Secret Doors

Well, I've been saying performance doesn't matter in a turn-based game, but there are certain situations in this one where it's rather extreme.

I think I'm holding off until they fix it up a bit.

The performance in the game isn't good but wasn't a big issue for me. It's stuttering every 15 steps or so in the outdoor area (there seem to be some hidden loading zones like shortly before the bridge to seaheaven) but that's it.
However there are players reporting that the indoor screens use tons of ressources and overheat your graphic cards and I had a similar issue until I decreased the maximum FPS.
The worst thing performance wise are the loading times. I don't have a SSD and it takes like 15-20 seconds to load a dungeon level and about 45-60 seconds to load the outdoor area. Quite long loading times for todays standard.

Well, I encountered some ghosts outside yesterday - and the game started stuttering like crazy.

If they can't render relatively simple models during turn-based combat, well, I'll just hold off.

I don't mind the slight stuttering when moving around, but that was just too much.

When HoMM 5 came out the loading time was also bad. When the computer players went had to wait a real long time between turns. I blame it on UPlay :)

I'll be holding off on this one for awhile. It sounds like this game still has some issues, and I have too many good games waiting now anyways. :)

The game does indeed have various technical and balance issues, but it's one of the more fun games to be released in recent memory. I'm just rolling with the punches… and making certain that my PC has proper cooling while doing so.

Why use an exploit when you can just save and load? :)

I guess it can be faster.

With these irritatingly-long load times (even on an SSD), it's far less annoying to just use regeneration.

Last edited:
Actually since IIRC he's about to go Radon Labs legacy, he should put M&M legacy on hold. By the time he finishes both epic games, M&M10 will get patched and probably the deluxe dream dungeon shatd will open a new part of the game. ;)

If he however plans some other "legacies", then no, M&M should be a priority!

Back
Top Bottom