Inquisitor - 80% Off On Steam

This game sorts the men from the boys, the die hards from the crybabies.

The best run through i had was in a team of four archers, i merely stood back and watched, occasionally healing my team if required. I found this the deadliest combination of all.

The arrows never run out, the weapons and armour auto upgrades, the killing power is awesome which is a good thing because you will surely need it.

Have completed it five times to the point where it has become too easy to play further.

The vast amount of text to read through is one of the main reasons why I said the game is definitely not for everyone.

If you like a lot of dialog in your RPGs, though, and especially like well-written exposition, then you will probably like Inquisitor.

The dialog does a great job of sucking you into the game's atmosphere.

The vast amount of text to read through is one of the main reasons why I said the game is definitely not for everyone.

If you like a lot of dialog in your RPGs, though, and especially like well-written exposition, then you will probably like Inquisitor.

The dialog does a great job of sucking you into the game's atmosphere.

Really? I felt that was one of it's weaknesses....not in the amount of information but how they presented it. It felt like you basically talked to an npc and read their novel afterwords...literally a full screen of text. I haven't played it in awhile but when I did I noted that one selection by your character resulted in a short story.

Really? I felt that was one of it's weaknesses….not in the amount of information but how they presented it. It felt like you basically talked to an npc and read their novel afterwords…literally a full screen of text. I haven't played it in awhile but when I did I noted that one selection by your character resulted in a short story.

I wouldn't consider that a weakness, though. I'd actually consider it a strength (speaking as someone who likes lots of dialog in their RPGs).

Yes, there was quite a bit of dialog to get through, but it all added to the immersion level, which was quite high overall in the game.

If you want fast-paced action in your RPGs, you should probably look elsewhere. But if you want a deep, immersive and slower-paced game with a thick atmosphere, unique setting, and challenging gameplay, Inquisitor is the way to go.

I think the dialog is well done but there's just to much for me in a computer game. It's a short story everywhere. I'm Play It A Bit More In The Next Few Days And Why Is My Phone Capitalizing Everything In This Sentence? Weird.

I think the dialog is well done but there's just to much for me in a computer game. It's a short story everywhere. I'm Play It A Bit More In The Next Few Days And Why Is My Phone Capitalizing Everything In This Sentence? Weird.

I totally understand not wanting to read a lot of text. A lot of people share a similar view with you.

For me, I like lots of text and dialog. It makes my imagination run wild like I'm reading a good book. Inquisitor greatly satisfied that part of RPG gaming for me.

However, it's not for everyone. That said, if you can get through talking to everyone at the beginning of the game, the action starts to pick up a bit when you start exploring different maps. The exploration is done quite well also and it really gets good when you start "seeing the sights" as it were.

Talking about it makes me want to play it again soon. I still have to finish it (my laptop crapped out before I could finish Chapter 2...)

I wouldn't consider that a weakness, though. I'd actually consider it a strength (speaking as someone who likes lots of dialog in their RPGs).

Yes, there was quite a bit of dialog to get through, but it all added to the immersion level, which was quite high overall in the game.

If you want fast-paced action in your RPGs, you should probably look elsewhere. But if you want a deep, immersive and slower-paced game with a thick atmosphere, unique setting, and challenging gameplay, Inquisitor is the way to go.

That,s not even what I meant, I wasn't looking for a action rpg from this...even for text heavy rpg this one takes away a lot of the reasons to play...ask yourself this if you ask someone about his job should he go into a 15 minute speach on how he is a blacksmith? Now, if they had done the same amount of text but had the player more involved with the conversation(they are very static in this game) then it would be awesome...but having you read a novel after a selection is not a good way to involve a player in my opinion. I could see glimmers of hope in the game but it was buried under walls of text.

That,s not even what I meant, I wasn't looking for a action rpg from this…even for text heavy rpg this one takes away a lot of the reasons to play…ask yourself this if you ask someone about his job should he go into a 15 minute speach on how he is a blacksmith? Now, if they had done the same amount of text but had the player more involved with the conversation(they are very static in this game) then it would be awesome…but having you read a novel after a selection is not a good way to involve a player in my opinion. I could see glimmers of hope in the game but it was buried under walls of text.

That last paragraph wasn't necessarily directed at you. It was just a general summary of why I feel people should try the game. :)

The text was fine for me because it was well-written and interesting at all times. You constantly have to piece together clues you get from dialog and the game does not hold your hand in that regard.

The dialog system was one of the reasons I thoroughly enjoyed the game. I guess I look forward to reading "walls of text" when asking someone why he is a blacksmith…. :)

I played this game and loved it, and other games at 20 times the price couldn't hold a candle to this one. If you like old school games, and prefer a game not aimed at 5 year olds, you'll likely enjoy Inquisitor. I gifted a few last year and all I heard back was praise.

Back
Top Bottom