anyone in the Dragon Age Keep beta?

Anyway from what I see from the videos you can import up to three world sates into the game. So it might be just as easy as people sharing the save data to other users

Once you imported a state in the game it stays there, you can delete the Keep version of it. That game version could probably be copied to another machines easily (although I have no idea how the information is kept on the game-side of thing).

I just learned that The Warden is Hawke's second cousin if you played a human mage in DA:O (like I did).
So there's some kind of connection. ;)

That one is anecdotal. Kind of like DAI dwarf being a Cadash which actually makes you related to Shale (and all the crap that happened in Cadash-thaig).

The story connection between the games is world/belief related and NPCs.

It could be possible, though the idea of the Keep is to always make sure that the world state is legitimate.

You will still be limited to the available choices which doesn't leave much place for funky stuff except maybe the Warden/Alistair/Throne status. You'll be able to see that tomorrow when the Open Beta start.

Have you seen the interface? Have you seen the code? Or are you just guessing?

Yet you are speaking authoritatively as if you know these things as facts. Seems very doubtful.

Have you seen the interface? Have you seen the code? Or are you just guessing?

Yet you are speaking authoritatively as if you know these things as facts. Seems very doubtful.

I don't know about the code itself, but I do know all the choices possible in the Keep which indicate the possible plot flag checked by DAI, most of them are "standalone" except for a couple of things.

I had beta access for a while.

I was talking about the prospect of a hacked app (not the Keep) that provides Inquisition with some unusual world state. Experience with the Keep really doesn't preclude some sort of generic interface on the Inquisition side that doesn't respect any reasonableness constraints on what it ingests.

I guess you could edit romance so that Alistair goes for men (impossible in the Keep because he's straight).

Unless Alistair was in in DA:I and programmed for that option, that seems unlikely. I was thinking more along the lines of character development that may be generic enough to actually be successful.

It's hard to tell what the importing will be like though. I suspect it will be a secured transfer of a specific file type and not some sort of standard XML file or open API.

If it's simply an exported file from the Keep that gets imported by DA: I, it could obviously be reverse engineered, but I see no reason for them to do it like that.

It's hard to tell what the importing will be like though. I suspect it will be a secured transfer of a specific file type and not some sort of standard XML file or open API.

If it's simply an exported file from the Keep that gets imported by DA: I, it could obviously be reverse engineered, but I see no reason for them to do it like that.

Who knows? But the last thing I expect from the devs is reason. ;) Whatever is quick and easy is most likely.

Last edited:
Is there a way to skip all this?

Is there a way to skip all this?
No your stuck with the Keep until a modder makes an un-official program. Also if you refuse to use the keep your stuck with a generic world state that Bioware picked.
Players who do not have or choose not to import a world-state into Inquisition will be provided a default "canon" as in Dragon Age II: an "Ultimate Sacrifice" Dalish Warden, Alistair made King, and Hawke a male mage who sided with the mages in DA2.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom