Gothic 3 Trigger points.

Acleacius

SasqWatch
Ok turns out there are points of no return, which will prevent continuing quest for certian factions, now I didn't realise this so if its in the manual, err I forgot to read it before I played. ;)

I think/heard/read once you start overthrowning towns or in the Rebel, Clans and Nomands cases overthrowing camps or hideouts.
Does anyone know for sure exactly how many activate auto-hostility, I heard read it was the 4th overthrow?

If this is correct I may not have to start over, since I think technically I have only overthrown 3, but have attack other groups.

Example I was messing around in Nordmor and Orcs were automaticly attacking me but it doesnt seem to be the case in towns.
I did get accused and denied it, they jsut said we will be watching you, so I think I am on the borderline.

Thanks if anyone knows or knows about other triggers, would be appreciated. :)

Edit
Maybe the Orcs started attacking me in Nordmor becasue I didn't get their permision?
I never got permission to go across the Pass, actually didn't know there was a Pass, bridges or anything since there is nothing on the maps.
To me the best cance of making it up North was the road out of Silden, looks like on the map it goes at least most of the way

What a drag that would be to have to start over cause the maps are bad, hell there were much better maps on Khorinis.

Last edited:
The number varies from faction to faction

Orcs: The number is three, but you can still reach the 4th leader without any problems - the problem is that he will attack you on sight. After killing 5 towns, all orcs in the game, no matter where they are(even the desert) will attack you on sight.

Hashishin: Take out two towns and the leader in Bakaresh/Mora Sul will attack you if you try to talk to them. The rest will remain friendly. Kill one more town and they will all attack you on sight.

Rebels: Take out Nemora, Okara and Reddock, and King Rhobar will attack you if you try to talk to him, preventing you from completing it through Rhobar.

Nomads: They don't really have towns to liberate or to destroy, only smaller camps, and they will never react like the factions above.

Nordmar barbarians: Never tried - why would I? They are the only friendly ones in Nordmar, there is noone there to liberate the cities for - orcs in Nordmar will always remain hostile.

Druids/rangers: They are like nomads - their camps will never trigger a "tada, you've liberated xx", and they'll never be hostile towards you.

Regarding your edit note - orcs in Nordmar will never be friendly. Ever. No matter what you do. They hate you all humans, and will attack all humans on sight.

The biggest problem with faction reputation isn't really the number of cities you've killed off - but the more you kill, the harder it gets to gain enough rep(75%) with that faction. In fact, if you take out two towns of a particular faction it will be impossible to ever get high enough reputation to complete it with that faction.

There is always a final solution though - helping Xardas. That requires no faction reputation with anyone, so you can kill the entire world and still complete the game - no need to think about starting over. :)

Last edited:
Wow thanks thats alot of info Maylander. :)

Ahh so since I have liberated 3 towns from the Orcs the 4th Leader (only) will attack if I approach?
I am guessing if yes, they the whole Orc city will attack also.

This is a bummer as I want/like to complete all quest. :(

Well I will have to start over anyway, possibly this week if the patch comes out.

I finally found Pedar, I cant believe that jerk lives up that hill, No One Builds a House on Hill above a Cave full of Skeltons!
I could punched him in the face for making me look for 4 hours for his dumb butt, grrrr! :p

I think we won't see a patch for several weeks yet..

Pedar? Sounds like the guy living in the south of Nordmar, above an ancient barbarian tomb.. am I right? I'm bad with names, hehe.

I didn't clear the cave yet I was trying to stay focuesed atm, on Master Perks and Teleproter Stones.

He was 1 of the 3 Master Ore Smelters to get Smithy Master from Ingvar at Hammer Clan.

Ahh so thats what those caves are.
I knew I had seen one near the Hammer Clan and Monestary Fork in the road, also. :)

You can get a map from the leader of the Hammerclan on their locations, and a quest to visit them all in order to obtain powers from the dead ancestors. Quite a good quest actually.

After experimenting a bit, I discovered something new - it seems the hostile trigger points are affected by your standing with the faction; the higher standing, the longer it takes for them to go hostile after you start killing off cities. The numbers I posted above are at roughly 0 reputation with the faction you are attacking - at 30+ reputation it takes a lot for them to get hostile, I cleared 5 Hashishin cities at 34 standing and in the 6th city they were still friendly.

Quite interesting really. This means that getting a little reputation with all factions before you support someone is easier than just attacking right away.

Nice.
I also went to stand before Kan after liberating 3 towns and killed most of the Orcs in Nordmar (looking for that fricking Pedar :p ) and nothing happened.
He did say people had been liberating cities and it had to be stopped but never even accused me, so your right it must have to do with Rep at the time was 80+.

After experimenting a bit, I discovered something new - it seems the hostile trigger points are affected by your standing with the faction; the higher standing, the longer it takes for them to go hostile after you start killing off cities. The numbers I posted above are at roughly 0 reputation with the faction you are attacking - at 30+ reputation it takes a lot for them to get hostile, I cleared 5 Hashishin cities at 34 standing and in the 6th city they were still friendly.

Quite interesting really. This means that getting a little reputation with all factions before you support someone is easier than just attacking right away.

Very nice that the decision to attack, be suspicious, or to trust is based on multiple variables.

I have found out something new(again) - it seems it might be based on how many times you get the "Bad news, more and more of our cities" message. With only 14 reputation I eliminated all cities by attacking them without talking to the boss(just attacking a random guard), and they never became hostile by default. This reputation system is quite fascinating.

Back
Top Bottom