Darkfall Online - Dev Journal #19 @ WarCry

Inauro

Watcher
Tasos Flambouras, the Associate Producer for Darkfall, has provided a round-up of recent happenings in a new developer journal at WarCry.
Things have been progressing smoothly in most areas except for testing. We're behind on the actual tasks and it's a lot of work. We have on-site testers on the job right now and we're looking for more. What we're looking at, at the moment, are the things we don't want the beta testers to have to worry about (ideally). I'm pitching in too, and my task at the moment is to check some areas for out of place objects, and doing accessibility testing, meaning that I'm making sure that players can get to places they're supposed to be able to get to. It's not the most rewarding work but it's important that it gets done. Some Dwarven locations for example are being corrected because they were just too hard to access through the mountains. We are behind schedule on the testing, ahead in other areas, but we're doing our best with it. We're getting much needed new hardware next week and this means that things will speed up considerably; we're also creating more workstations for additional testers.
More information.

We have on-site testers on the job right now and we're looking for more
Ahh, too bad these guys are a Norwegian game developer, it's one of the few games I would volunteer to help test, if they were here in Austin. ;)

Theyre in Greece, but originally from Norway. I would test it for free, too.

Greece! Damn I would fly there just for the women, well hell actually I would fly anywhere for the women. :devilish:

Who is making this game?

Darkfall is being made by Aventurine SA, a company based in Athens, Greece.

[from official FAQ]

I dont think that Razorwax page has been altered in years. Razorwax was in Norway once upon a time, until Aventurine formed to finish Darkfall and they relocated to Greece because Norway is too expensive to live in.

Back
Top Bottom