Gothic 3 Robes question and general armour protection question

milamber

Watcher
I want to ask how the perk that doubles all protection from robes works. I learned it while having the druid robe (the one thats worth 20000g) re-equipped it to see any difference but there was none at all on the stats.

And about armour protection in general, what type of damage do animals do? cause i dont seem to notice any difference with or without armour on. I know that animals scale with hero level, but at lvl 29mage (only 200 hits) a bloodfly takes me out in 4hits not counting the poison DoT, thats roughly 1 second. I know i should only use a fireball on the bloodfly and its dead, but im just curious to know about the damage type they do....

I can only answer the first question, the armor perk seems to be bugged. While I have not experienced this myself I know from reading other's posts here on the watch. It may be that the bug is fixed in the newly released patch, check the release notes. I don't know what type of damage wild creatures dish out. I would strongly suggest that you look into the 2nd patch as it may resolve your issues and answer your questions. I hope this helps.

Only thing I know is that Patch 2 fixes a critical bug with armor.

Just a few things if you want to use robe with your mage:
1. Get a +50 Life Force ring if you can find it.
2. Get a good protection ring (I use a +10 against missiles)
3. Get a good protection necklace (I use a +15 vs impact/+15 vs blades)
4. Get your hands of the First Paladin Helmet (+10 vs ice/fire/impact/blades)
5. When something attacked you (and you are stunned), JUMP away from it. Learn how to jump backwards with your face towards the monster and then spam fireball or whatever your main attack is. It seems that while you jump you cannot be attacked and the stun have enough time to clear.

A few things:
- The +50 life force ring is the artifact of Adanos, there is only one such ring.
- The robe perk does not double any armor, so robes are generally much weaker than Paladin armor and similar armors.
- I have read some people claiming that armor does not work against animals. I can't confirm this, but it does seem to have less effect at least(with full paladin armor, paladin shield and the artifacts of adanos you can take pounding from 10 orcs at the same time and hardly see the health drop, but against creatures you still die fast).

forgot to mention that i have patch2 installed...
I have all +impact/blades items, meaning i have 80 impact/blades protection at the moment while wielding the staff.
so which robes does the perk actually work for maylander...?
well if indeed armour does not make a difference vs animals, i think this is another thing PB should fix, because it really makes no sense the way it is now.

The perk is bugged, it doesn't work for any robe. It's just 5LP down the drain right now.

Nope, you just forgot to take off armor when you patched it - the patch will double all armor values. If you take off all your armor now, you'll see that you still have 100+ armor, even naked.

I assume that's the case at least. :)

SInce this is a Robes thread, not sure if I have seen info listed where I can buy a Druid Robe and a Water Mage Robe.
Saturas doesn't and the Driud near Montera doesn't.

Thanks.

Found my druid robe south of Geldern at the druid encampment, and Cronos in Verant has a Water robe available (only buyable, can't kill him in service to the hashishin to retrieve it).

Oh, and, this game crashed on me 8 times last night in 3 hours hehe. And I didn't get credit for killing one of the water mages bah!

Ouch and bummer. :(

Not sure I remember where Cronos is located.
Thanks for the info. :)

Cronos is located north of the oasis which is south of Ben Sala and south west of Bakaresh. The oasis has a couple of rebels and some nomads. To get to Cronos, just go north/north west of that oasis into the small hills.

Back
Top Bottom