Drakensang: TRoT - On Steam Greenlight

Although I have this game - it's a boxed version. And I'm in the process of turning everything to digital as in more than one occasion I've discovered that the data on my gamedisc in a game got corrupted.
The River of Time is an epic game, too bad there won't be another similar Drakensang sequel, I've already greenlit it.

I didn't want to say it so clearly on the front page:
I had a lot of fun with DraSa:TRoT and Venetica. I would be happy to see both games on Steam.

While Venetica is hit or miss, TRoT is certainly one of the best party RPGs of the last decade.

Yes, but it's currently not available in all regions. That's what Greenlight entry is for. ;)

I don't quite understand why a game already approved on Steam, needs to be greenlight supported to be made available to other regions. Not that I am opposed to it, because I would like to play this game, given how much I have heard about it to date.

Publisher chaos. dtp missed the boat on digital distribution. One or more local publishers put it on Steam. dtp has no direct access to Steam yet. Or rather had a few weeks ago. One of their adventures got accepted I think. Anyway, dtp or the guys who funded both games, and they really could use the money.

I'm not sure that the money would be used by original Radon Labs devs anymore… As Bigpoint bought RD and they don't care for any kind of singleplayer games. :(
I still refuse to watch Eurosport because of the disgusting Dark Orbit commercials.

As for DTP adventures, I'm unsure if any got accepted, but they really published some great ones, So Blonde, Black Mirror sequels and Gray Matter are awsome.

I heard Chronicles of Zerzura is very good. Haven't played it though.

The Radon Labs situation is unclear. Maybe their part of the Drakensang franchise royalties went to Bigpoint, maybe they moved it to a shell company, maybe somebody swallowed it during their insolvency.

You mean Lost Chronicles of Zerzura? Based on this preview it's a must have adventure:
http://www.adventuregamers.com/articles/view/18664

I've greenlit that one too. As unlike those I've mentioned, Zerzura is not available in adventuregamers store so I can't buy it there. :(

Yes. Here's a German review from Europe's biggest adventure site. Maybe slightly too optimistic, but who cares.

edit: Cranberry's swan song. dtp went insolvent in April, but survived, Cranberry followed in May.

Ahh yeah, Valusoft did that.

If dtp gets the rights to publish it there too, will they both be on Steam? Like how Ego Draconis is still on Steam cuz of ... wow... dtp!

Game publishing sure seems like a mess in Europe. :)

The River of Time is an epic game, too bad there won't be another similar Drakensang sequel, I've already greenlit it.

Yes, I enjoyed it too, along with Drakensang. I'm still surprised they didn't do better in the marketplace.

While the steam entry is inaccessible for me, I was able to purchase a digital version of a game on GamersGate. That was a year ago however and now it seems like it cannot be purchased anymore.
As for the game, I probably liked everything about it bit better than original - free roaming, graphics, story - except limited party selection.

Ahh yeah, Valusoft did that.

Not surprised. And ValuSoft is a daughter company of THQ. They do weird stuff. My still favourite example is their seemingly exclusive deal with German "Gamesload" (a daughter company of German Telekom) over Puzzle Quest for 1 year - as digital download only.
The boxed version of Puzzle Quest arrived in Germany exactly 1 year later - after all the hype was gone. If someone's guilty for low boxed game sales of this game in Germany, then it is ValuSoft.

It's on sale for $5 right now.

Is it only available in North America to purchase? If anyone wants, they can paypal me 5 US and I'll gift it to you. :)

Nice offer, but be careful with Steam gifts. :) Apparently many games are region locked if you gift them.

Drakensang TRoT must be one of the most difficult games to buy. I still can't see this game on steam. I hate these region locks. Its just so weird that they don't want my money.

Oh well atleast I got digital copy of kotor II :)

Back
Top Bottom