Dragon Age: Inquisition - Video Roundup

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Lady Insanity was at Pax Prime this week, and posted three new videos. The first video is a preview of the new Dragon Age Keep from Bioware that imports game data.

Welcome to the latest version of Dragon Age Keep! A guide that helps you choose the decisions you made in Dragon Age: Origins and 2, and re-experience your decisions.

This will be the same presentation that PAX attendees will see, but Bioware wanted to make sure that YOU get to see it as well. Thanks again to Bioware!
Her second video is a conversation with Bioware from Pax Prime 2014.

We give our feedback and they share some light into the development of Keep and things moving forward.
And her final video is about the new Co-op multi-player mode.

Reading the descriptions for the 6 announced characters (out of 12) for Dragon Age: Inquisition's multiplayer. Seen from the Tarot cards handed out during PAX Prime 2014.
More information.

Can we import the savegame in the PC version or we have use the Keep?

Can we import the savegame in the PC version or we have use the Keep?
No you have to use Origin and the Dragon Age Keep to import your data from a list of choices. Otherwise the game will use a default setting from Bioware.
Players who do not have or choose not to import a world-state into Inquisition will be provided a default "canon" as in Dragon Age II: an "Ultimate Sacrifice" Dalish Warden, Alistair made King, and Hawke a mage who sided with the mages in DA2. Mark Darrah and Aaryn Flynn indicated as well that choices from Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening and other DLC will also impact playthroughs.The prologue of the game is designed in a manner that players new to the series will not be overwhelmed.
My guess is a talented modder will make a different program to use unofficially. Though Bioware has said they might find a way to import our saves in the future .

No you have to use Origin and the Dragon Age Keep to import your data from a list of choices. Otherwise the game will use a default setting from Bioware.

I hate when companies force you to do things online for single player games. I am now replaying Assassin´s Creed Black Flag, and the Kenway`s Fleet takes too much time because I have nobody to speed up my ships. Same thing for finding the social chest, royal convoys, etc.. I have to find them on my own if I want 100% synchronization, and they appear at random on the map and only for a limited time.
Now for AC Unity they are adding coop. I really hope you can also do those missions solo.

If you have been following EA's new business plan ALL Games they make will be forced to have an online componant, even single player ones. The solution is to not buy their crap and only support companies who let you play single player games off line.

I don't care if I have to do a few things online to set up (not play!) a single player game. But it's quite ridiculous that it's not possible to import savegames. Why do I need to have to make choices in a dull web application again, when I had already made them back in the games? That somehow renders my playthroughs unimportant…

This seems very daft, surly an intern at Bio can write a noddy application which can read in save files from the previous game and then output it in a format which the new "origin" system understand?

I really like to play the new DA game but the more and more I read about EA's crap the less and less I want to pay for DA...

AFAIK, you can still import your savegame, you just do it through the website instead. As in, you import your "profile" from the game - and then you select the appropriate savegame. Well, I guess so, anyway.

AFAIK, you can still import your savegame, you just do it through the website instead.
No you pick the options to recreate your save game.;)

No save importing is allowed due to different engines. This is actually not new information as Bioware announced this last year.

Here is the Dragon Age Keep FAQ.

What is the Dragon Age Keep?

The Dragon Age Keep is a companion website for players of Dragon Age games, dedicated to connecting all products in the Dragon Age franchise together.
Using the Keep, you will be able to re-create your unique world history from previous games and continue the story in Dragon Age: Inquisition.

When will the Keep be available?

The Dragon Age Keep will be available approximately one month prior to Dragon Age: Inquisition.

What's required to use the Keep?

The Dragon Age Keep is available on any device with a modern browser - including your PC, tablet, or smartphone.

How will the Keep work?

Regardless of the platform you play Dragon Age: Inquisition on, you’ll be able to use the Keep to create and play your unique world history.

Just visit the Dragon Age Keep website and login with the same Origin account you want to use in Dragon Age: Inquisition. Then follow the directions on the site to create and shape your world, and learn how to import it into Dragon Age: Inquisition when you’re ready to play.

Will there be a saved game import?

Dragon Age: Inquisition does not use a save file import system that reads saves from previous games. Instead you’ll be able to use the Keep to create a new world history at the start of a new game.

How much will the Keep cost?

No, the Keep is online only and is free for everyone. All you need is an Origin ID to log in.

Hmm, then I've been misinformed - as someone claimed it would be possible on QT3.

My mistake.

Oh well.

No big deal to me. In fact, it's a relief - because it means I don't have to play DA2 again to get a savegame ready :)

I actually like the possibility to create a world state for gamers that haven't played the prequels or don't have savegames any more. That is a move by EA really in favor of the gamers.

But the decision not to implement a solution to import savegames is garbage. Must have been the same guy who decided that companions disappear when the hero rides a mount…

Last edited:
I actually like the possibility to create a world state for players you haven't played the prequels or don't have savegames any more. That is a move by EA really in favor of the gamers.

But the decision not to implement a solution to import savegames is garbage. Must have been the same guy who decided that companions disappear when the hero rides a mount…

Agreed, it's pretty stupid not to have that option.

But it's EA and Bioware. Come on now ;)

I find that rather strange. Why not have the option? It's just a certain set of variables to extract from a DA2 save game. It's more effort to manually re-create such a save game every single time than to simply make the process automatic. Reading files and extracting certain variables is one of the most obvious examples of programming solving a time consuming task.

This was a bit of a bummer, as I'd like to avoid that manual process when I already have the information available in the form of an existing save game.

My guess is that it's because of the multiplatform nature of the game, and in this way - they don't have to bother supporting savegames of all the platforms.

The process required to transfer the savegame from the Xbox 360 and PS3 to something a website can access is not necessarily trivial.

Just too bad that PC users can't get the option, as that should be the easiest platform to handle. But they'd probably hear endless bitching from console users if they didn't get the same option.

The process required to transfer the savegame from the Xbox 360 and PS3 to something a website can access is not necessarily trivial.
Right, it might be tricky here and there. But we're not talking about a 3-guy-indie studio/developer here.

Right, it might be tricky here and there. But we're not talking about a 3-guy-indie studio/developer here.

True, but you're all going to get the game, anyway.

So, from the point of view of EA and Bioware, there's no incentive to make it work like that.

At the end of the day, it's a minor annoyance - and they know it.

Right. :|

I now have even less incentive to replay DA:O and DA2. :-/

From EA's point of view, that is a feature not a bug. A game you can play over and over for years is not a good thing from their shareholders perspective.

Back
Top Bottom