NWN2 - Autodownloader coming in v1.23

Lazy people rejoice! Although, I didn't find finding the files on the internet an annoyance. This is a really unnecessary feature that probably would make few people play the game. I'd rather they be doing something useful. (Content, features, new things to the editor)

I would really love the ability to fly, change the magic system dramatically, So I can make a Slayers PW module.

Last edited:
What exactly is this going to auto-download? Patches? Content?

It's for multiplayer Persistant Worlds. NWN2 requires that you download certain files from the specific Persistant World you want to connect to. Up until now, these files would have to be downloaded from websites outside of the game. With the autodownloader, you'll be able to "browse" servers from within the game, and have the game automatically download the files needed whenever you want to connect to a world (instead of you having to go look up that Persistant Worlds website and download the files manually).

So it's largely streamlining the Persistant World playing, something which have been a heated debate in the NWN2 online community since the start of the game.

Ahh, thanks. I've never played NWN2 online in any form, so that explains why I had no clue!

Its been a heated debate since NWN1 actually and it took the PWC requirement to prove that there are a ton of "lazy people" out there. It may be too little too late though. Had it not been there you, like thousands of other of other people, may have got a chance to play multiplayer on it.

Heck, I bet Corwin's group would be playing with it right now.

One of the reasons my server did so well is it didn't require any 3rd Party HAK files including the CEP. Patches and updates for NWN1 and the CEP always gave a boost to membership too as the servers would break outright because of them while mine kept on going.

Obviously, "autodownloaders" are complicated upgrades with far reaching consequences that should only be applied after careful consideration and a number of years after the game's release.

Honestly, why didn't they have that right from the start?

Back
Top Bottom