Gothic 3 Recipies & Ingredients (incomplete)

im sure it was just a regular magic ore blank - a random chest drop and even sold by some merchants - there is only one pure one in the game and it is a lengthy task to get it

There is definitely NOT only one pure magic ore blank in the game! :p

I played the game a little bit strange, because I got to Nordmar with level 25 or 26. With level 48 I was finished there and had 101 reputation there (But still think I missed a quest at the Hammer Clan..)
As mastersmith you won't get a blueprint for a sword (at least my friends and I never got such a blueprint) and I never found one - but good, that I can forge these swords if I EVER find a blueprint.... -.-
With about level 55 I found a Chest above Gotha in the mountains where I got a second pure magic ore blank.
Maybe it was only luck, but the chest was guarded by a Black-Troll and I think not many people found that....(I came from Okara...and try to write how to get there tomorrow - so you all can open the chest and say if it was luck or that there is always a blank^^)

Greetings :)

magic ore blank is not equal to pure magic ore blank. i confess there might be a second one since one of the 3 recipes in the game call for 2 pure magic ore blanks but that might be a typo. the fact that you have to spend hours to become a mastersmith to recieve 1 pure magic ore blank means it is nearly impossible that you are just going to 'find' one in a chest somewhere since it is a 'rare' item and the most valuable.

read the posts on 'chests' and you will know more.

magic ore blank is not equal to pure magic ore blank.

Thx for THAT information...I would have never known this without your post...(sorry if I'm a little bit harsh, but if you are refering to my post - what I am guessing, since the last reply in this thread is one month ago - it's like saying that I don't know what I found and what I'm talking about.)
Smith = Raw Steel
Forge Ore Weapons = Magic Ore Blank
Forge Pure Ore Weapons = Pure Magic Ore Blank

i confess there might be a second one

Like I said, I GOT a second one.

since one of the 3 recipes in the game call for 2 pure magic ore blanks but that might be a typo.

I never even saw a recipe for a pure magic ore weapon and I'm not able to create one at the Forge in the mine after learning the perk from Ingvar.
If you only can get these recipes with luck from chest, then I won't think P.Byte thought about what they were doing...
"Cool I learned from the BEST Smith in the world (Ingvar) and now I'm one of the best Smiths in this world.....but damn! I can't smith anything good, because I haven't found a Blueprint....what a pitty."
About Blueprints I guess you know a lot more than me. :)
And if this recipe for 2 pure magic ore blanks exist, it is definatly possible to create it - for me -> if i get that damn recipe :D

the fact that you have to spend hours to become a mastersmith to recieve 1 pure magic ore blank means it is nearly impossible that you are just going to 'find' one in a chest somewhere since it is a 'rare' item and the most valuable.

Yes you have to spend many hours for this, but I would say - IF - this chest has a 100% chance for a "pure magic ore blank" then it would only be another evidence that P.Byte forgot to install something called "balancing" in the game...
And IF the chest had this blank only for me...i would say it in your words: It is nearly impossible BUT only nearly....

read the posts on 'chests' and you will know more.

I read the posts there before and I really don't know what you want to tell me (and others) with your whole post. I hope you can explain it.
If you want to say that you don't believe me, just say it - but with the words "believe" and "not" in a sentence.
If you want to say that you are sure, I only got luck finding this second, than say it.
Or/And if you think that the "chests" posts will help me...please give me the post THAT should help me...I personally can only see in that thread that most of the chest have more or less "random-loot" but some (can) hold a special item.

Anyway....why I wanted to post was to direct you to this chest, that (hopefully) some of you try to get there (if you have never been there before), look in the chest (but beware of the Troll - Don't feed the Troll!) and answer me, if I had luck or if it's a static item in the chest.

Start at Okara and head
- EAST until you find the cave with the five Trolls
- then head NORTH and hug the mountain - you will pass a burned house where some undeads are, then you will pass the Orks watching the Nordmar pass
- in Nordmar run EAST and stay at the "border" between snow and meadow (don't know a better word at the moment^^)
- you should end at a cliff - JUMP DOWN (or slide down to avoid damage)
- then follow the way and head SOUTH to a plateau where you can find some Snapper - do with them whatever you like and still southwards
- you will find 2skelletons with 2 chests (one locked and one unlocked) still southwards to a group of trees near the end of the cliff
- there is the CHEST with skelleton at the ground - and the Black Troll
-> To be sure that you are at the right place...look down from the cliff...if there is Gotha you found it!

And now go, search the chest and answer...or if you already found it and still know it answer too :D

Greetings

PS: I don't want to insult you curious, I only disliked the way your post was written :/

i opened that chest in my 2nd run through the game in my quest to open all the chests, which i believe i did. i doubt you because you haven't proven otherwise. if you show me a screenshot of the 2 pure magic ore blanks i will be delighted. part of the problem is during my second game i was playing a pure mage and thus didn't learn and smithing or hunting so i was unable to finish the mastersmith quest so i never got the pure magic ore blank. but from my first game i got it and made the rune sword, only one i found in that game, but i don't ever remember actually ever seeing the pure magic ore blank in my inventory. therefore i'm not sure if you even get one (would like to be proven wrong here, really). its possible it just flags you as having earned it and then lets you create one of these "once in a lifetime" swords. here is the recipe that requires 2 and is the strongest sword in the game. the 2 recipes below it are 1 handed pure magic ore recipes.

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o44/mjfossum/pureoreweapon.jpg

sorry if i sounded arrogant but i really am almost positive of my 'theories'. spent quite a bit of time though it has been 2 weeks or so since ive played the game. if you open all the 'special' chests you will get the above recipe but only after you open all of them since it is the 'best' special item you can find.

thanks! that sucks that the pure magic ore is a random item then. what was your thieving skill, that in addition to character level, may have some effect on finding it. you'll definately want to find those 'special' chests as a mage since there are some great staffs to find --see staffology post.

what was your thieving skill, that in addition to character level, may have some effect on finding it.

On the screenshot I linked my character had 38 Thieving....as I opened the chest about 5 levels earlier I would guess it was something around 35 :)

I will never get the point of thieving in this game....for opening chest?
Learn difficult chests and you are fine.

Pick pocketing?
Don't like the "speak and then get something - or get attacked" system

Make excuses?
Why should I make excuses if I can say "Bite me", he attacks me, I knock him down...."loot" him and he is as happy as if I said "Oh well you know it wasn't me...maybe a little child or a ghost"...

murder?
Why should I murder? :D but thats me^^

knock down?
Hmm with this fight-system I don't need a knock down...only enemies you can "fear" are spellcasters and some raging animals.

I'm a fan of Thieving in every game, but in G3 i don't get the point why I should take it.^^

IF thieving gives me a better chance for finding items....then its still strange I got it (or is 38 much in thieving?^^). And only for finding items i won't spent points in thieving :D

Greetings

Pure ore blanks are random after you open a certain number of "impossible" chests, the same as the powerful staffs and weapons like the katana (although one can also be found in faring). I ended up with 4 pure ore blanks in my game after pretty much exploring the entire world. 3 came from the random "impossible" chests.

Permanent Potions give you you +5 in gothic 2 and only +3 in gothic 2 NOTR (although some +5 potions still exist in the world but cannot be brewed) so there is really not that much of a difference than brewing permanent potions between G3 and NOTR except you can spend a lot less points in G3 and there are more herbs to be found.

Master sword is 105 attack (I was pissed that they made it a strength based weapon!!! not like in G2) and the best one hander is 115 attack and the 2 hander was 125. Maybe there are better ones but those are the ones I came across. I only played through once as a thief/hunter so I didn't pay that much attention to the melee weapons.

edit: I am not sure if those are the honed attack values or not. I always hone every weapon I get even if I am not keeping them...

Last edited:
I'm a fan of Thieving in every game, but in G3 i don't get the point why I should take it.^^
IF thieving gives me a better chance for finding items....then its still strange I got it (or is 38 much in thieving?^^). And only for finding items i won't spent points in thieving :D
Greetings

Knockdown and murder are good skills. You can use the murder skill to quickly kill any npc in town (maybe for a quest or just kill a few before you begin a revolution) and it doesn't generate any hostiles. The knockdown skill is pretty useful as well if you can't be bothered waiting for night and you just want to loot the persons shop - it's good that the person won't even remember you attacked them after you use it.

You need impossible lockpicking or the spell open locks if you want to open the best chests in the game. If you are "role playing" a character that doesn't use magic then you would probably want to pick up the skill.

I played through as a hunter/thief and it was a lot of fun, I didn't have to use the crappy melee combat system much and used my bow when outside town and murder/knockdown when I was inside towns.

Actually isn't there a recipe for an Ancient Weapon that requires the Pure Magic Ore, somewhere in Varant, iirc?

those recipies like out unique items aren't tied to a location, but a type of chest. and they are at the bottom of the list you must work your way through to get. it just works out that ishtar has like three of those specials chests and its usually one of the last places people go.

Back
Top Bottom