Gothic 3 Lee

and remember innos is just one god in the game world not 'god'.

I always thought this was what happened (but perhaps this is something I assumed based on some vague hints in Lee's story; it's been a while):

Lee had an affaire with the Queen. The King found out and had his wife murdered, and had Lee take the rep for it (let him live because of his service to the kingdom).

I'm pretty sure I've never heard anything about an affair.

You're making me want to install Gothic and play it through again to check that once and for all. :p

There was no affair, here are the words spoken by Lee when standing on the dam in G1, it is self explanatory.

There was a time when i led a very different life. I was one of the best generals of this country. I spent my whole life fighting for my country but the nobles didn't like me because the king listened to my advice and they knew i posed a threat to their dirty buisness. I hadn't counted on their insidiousness, they used the kings wife to get me, i was blamed for her pointless murder.
King Rhobar had no other choice. The services i had rendered my country saved me from the gallows but they robbed me of my freedom. One day i'll be free again then i shall return and take my revenge - i shall have my revenge!

I spent my whole life fighting for my country but the nobles didn't like me because the king listened to my advice and they knew i posed a threat to their dirty buisness.
That makes it sound like he should be looking for revenge upon the nobles more than the king.

there can be a lot that can be taken from that though Wulf. by "using the kings wife" could mean that they knew he either liked the queen or they were having an affair. without those it would be much harder to 'frame' him in a situation for her death. and remember he was a loyal general so when he says that 'king rhobar had no choice' he says that as a loyal servant of the king but his true feelings are obviously much different and tack on a few more years 'til the chance he gets in gothic 3 and his mind is made up. remember the people of khorinis didn't know how bad it is in myrtana, maybe upon seeing crucified paladins and the population enslaved while rhobar is hoarded up in his castle pushed lee over the breaking point.

As i read it - the nobles had Rhobars wife murdered and made it look like Lee was to blame because he was advising Rhobar.

Re: txa1265's quote [That makes it sound like he should be looking for revenge upon the nobles more than the king.]

...absolutely, why should Lee in G3 want to kill the man who had previously saved his life? - if he could find the "nobles" who could they be?

saved his life? by condemning him to dig ore or get killed by actual convicts? can't he do what he wants? he is the king if he takes 'bad' advice he is still responsible. whatever the dialogue actually was in the game it doesn't literaly explain it all. it was just a dialogue tree and after all there are many details which have been left out. but the dialogue they choose implies that lee had ties to the wife somehow. otherwise they would have simply stated i was framed for killing (rather than "to get to me") the kings wife by the nobles. its still possible there was not an affair. but the king is still ultimately responsible for his kingdom and if he is not wise enough to realize that the nobles (which as stated is implying practically all 'upper society' not just one or two otherwise he could have stated 'a few' or some other specific number) who represent the 'elite' are so corrupt yet he puts faith in them while not seeing the truth of the honourable like lee then he makes a bad leader. how is a king not responsible for letting his kingdom fall apart and the people at 'the top' the only ones not in dire situations? i could make all kinds of comparisons to rhobar and actual leaders but it's not necessary. though its possible at one time he may have been a good man/leader he is not now. i guess being the 2nd rhobar makes him cursed;)

Yeah saved his life - re: "saved me from the gallows" yet robbed of his freedom.

There are more questions than answers. In G1 Lee was inside the barrier hoping to get out, while in G3 Lee now has his freedom outside of the barrier trying to get in!

:-/

Thanks for that info, Wulf. :)

It's very close to my memory, though I recall more dialogue about his family and the investigation or lack there of, not necessarly on the bridge, maybe I am confusing it wiith something in G2. :S

well if anyone ever 'saved my life' in that manner they'd get at least get a sock in the face--and i've never thrown punch.

Do you happen to know what Lee explains about himself in GothicII? I still think the whole affaire thing is not entirely unlikely because of this:

I hadn't counted on their insidiousness, they used the kings wife to get me, i was blamed for her pointless murder.

The nobles found out and told the king/made the affaire public, so the king had no choice but to act (perhaps out of spite, perhaps to safe face). Although I might have made up my own story back then around the info given in GothicI&II...

Am I the only one who doesnt get Lee and the King to fight to the death? I tested the quest because I wanted to see how strong these guys are in combat, and they got stuck in a loop with the king knocking out Lee, Lee getting up, etc, ad nauseum...

I actually helped Lee kill the King, yes the King is much stronger than Lee but if your Healing Lee he actually kills the King.

Interesting, I might try that:) It's a bit annoying to fight through all the Paladins and fire mages... And Lee be damned;)

If you teleport out as soon as Lee kills the King and then teleport back they stop fighting and Lee stays at the Castle, I really didn't want him to have to fight all the men, since he was their leader.

Lee goes on and lead the armies of the King back to greatness through his heroism and great leadership, according to the ending on Lee. :)

Actually I worred about the others but if you walk all the way to the wall near the King as to get Lee as close as possible, when they start fighting its treated as duel, so you can jsut heal. :)

There was a time when i led a very different life. I was one of the best generals of this country. I spent my whole life fighting for my country but the nobles didn't like me because the king listened to my advice and they knew i posed a threat to their dirty buisness. I hadn't counted on their insidiousness, they used the kings wife to get me, i was blamed for her pointless murder.
King Rhobar had no other choice. The services i had rendered my country saved me from the gallows but they robbed me of my freedom. One day i'll be free again then i shall return and take my revenge - i shall have my revenge!

Thanks, Wulf. Well, that pretty much clears up everything for me. Too bad about Lee, though, he could have achieved great things...

"the king knocking out Lee, Lee getting up, etc, ad nauseum.."
Thats how I found out about teleporting out and coming back.
By the time Lee killed the King he had been bounced around so much he was on top of the fire place next to the throne.

I considered letting them fight but he couldn't do anything up there since everyone was out of range though the casters were able to hit him, so I thought we would just forget it and leave but he didn't show up at the Fire Clan.
I returned to the Throne room and they were all having a beer, while I get a warning from a guard someone has been killing there men as we stood over the King's body. :p

In my case it was treated as some sort of arena duel. Everyone was watching the fight, but noone reacted upon the death of the king afterwards. Very weird.

Back
Top Bottom