Gothic 3 Marik quest (Montera)

grammo

Watcher
Anyone can explain me step by step the way to complete the quest of
verifying the loyalty of the mercenaries?
Plz i am stuck after i have spoken to all the mercs in Montera.
PS: if a note from Sanford is needed explain me HOW to obtain it coz he dont speak to me, except for the "Lets trade" choice.
Thank u guys, bye

I could never complete Marik's quest either. I even turned in Sanford's note (I'll explain how to get it) as a test to see if that would do it. The quest still did not complete, though I did get exprience. It was never a big deal for me to not finish though because you get lots of experience anway and I was on the rebels' side.

Anyway, in order to get the note from Sanford you have to get a good enough reputation in Montera such that you can see the Orcs. Sanford sees your ability to freely roam the castle as the point at which the revolution can begin. Then he will give you a note to take to the rebel outpost in Okara. You can either give this note to Marik for expreience & reputation with the Mercs. OR you can gain points with the rebels by delvering it as requested.

Here is the fastest way to solve it:
1. Go to the rebels south of town, they are behind the trees there.
2. Get a quest to remove the slave guards
3. Remove the guards 1 by 1 by luring them into the forest to the rebels(easily done by talking to the guards).
4. The rebel will reveal a secret password after completing the quest.
5. Tell Sanford the secret password, and ask him what you can do to support him.
6. He will tell you to deliver a note to Okara
7. Take the note to Makir instead

Quest solved. If it's not, then it's because of the whole slave business with Bravil or whatever his name is.

Oki, first of all thanks for your replys and infos.
Problem n1 for Elkston: i have 85 more rep with Montera, so i can freely walk into the inner city of orcs, i also have spoken to the orc chief that asks me to destroy Okara. But Sanford still do not speak to me.
Problem n2 for Maylander: i am playing as a mercenary, and one day i was near the farm of the milk barrels and suddenly i hear some battle sounds... i walked a bit and i discover that an orc patrol found the rebel outpost with the named rebel and killed all those 3 rebels (needed for your way to solve the quest)
Can u guys tell me who is the traitor please?
Thanks a lot and bye

Those are not the rebels I'm talking about. There is another one, only two rebels, south of town. Do you know where the wolf cave is? The one with Wenzels sword. If you know where it is, go to it, then turn around, and head back towards Montera. About halfway from the cave to Montera, turn right and go into the trees as far as you can go, and you'll bump into them.

AAAhh finally i did it!!! Thank you Maylander, u was very very nice to help me so much! :)
Bye

i need help in completing the "Quest to remove the slave guards".. after i had lured the guards out to the forest, the orcs walked down the road but some quirky pathfinding led them straight to the rebels. how do i avoid the rebels from getting killed in the ensuing battle?

You can also mess up the quest when you have to return the slaves. When you talk to one of the slaves you get an option for him to tell you about ashton (not sure if that's the right name, the guy who runs the arena) and you have to select that one. You then get an option to tell Marik that the guy is stealing money from him (you may also need to find the list which is hidden in a chest behind the arena).

i need help in completing the "Quest to remove the slave guards".. after i had lured the guards out to the forest, the orcs walked down the road but some quirky pathfinding led them straight to the rebels. how do i avoid the rebels from getting killed in the ensuing battle?

1) Help them.

2) Only send in one orc at a time.

thanks VPeric, one more question.. :) i already have a reputation of 76 in Montera. if i help the rebels kill the Orc guards, will my reputation suffer because of this or should i just ignore the rebels' quest?

I don't know what happens when other orcs see you killing the guards but as long as you kill them outside of town (I did... I killed them when they were fighting the rebs) it will not hurt your rep. You will be able to keep it at 75+.

Doesn't matter reputation-wise (unless they see you, maybe, but don't let 'em see you). You'll get +1 rebel rep, though, IIRC.

after two of the guards were killed, Daryl the rebel warned about the Orcs getting suspicious.. sure enough, when i returned to the camp, the Orc guard asked me if i know anything about the Morra who is killing the guards and i promptly denied. :)

however when the guards are in a battle with the rebels, it's hard to get a hit in because the guard's name does not get highlighted, in the end i had to resort to bows, is this normal?

after two of the guards were killed, Daryl the rebel warned about the Orcs getting suspicious.. sure enough, when i returned to the camp, the Orc guard asked me if i know anything about the Morra who is killing the guards and i promptly denied. :)

I only had that when I didn't waite long enough -> the right moment to attack the guard is when he just sees the rebels. You have to strike quickly, but it's still easy when you know when to hit.

Back
Top Bottom