Gothic 3 Recipies & Ingredients (incomplete)

JemyM

Okay, now roll sanity.
Alchemy ingredient list for beginner alchemy

Ingredients
Armorweed: Permanent endurance potion
Bison Horn: Bison transformation potion
Blood Reed: Crocodile transformation potion
Bloodfly Stinger: Bloodfly transformation potion, Poison,
Bottle: Booze and Nordmar Nogginfog
Booze: Used for endurance potions, Broadsword
Boozeberry: Booze, Nordmar Nogginfog
Carrot: Stew
Demon Mushroom: Heal weakness
Dragonroot: Permanent strength potion
Fire Lizard Tongue: Fire lizard transformation potion
Fire nettle: Mana potion
Flameberry: Permanent mana potion
Goblinberry: Permanent hunting potion
Healing Plant: Healing potion and Nordmar Nogginfog
Healing Root: Healing potion
Ironstem: Endurance potion
King's thistle: Lion transformation potion
Light: Ruby blade
Lizards Tongue: Lizard transformation potion
Lurker Claw: Lurker transformation potion
Magic ore blank: El Bastardo (sword), Ore two-hander, Ruby blade, Nordmarian sword
Magic root: Mana potion
Mana Plant: Mana potion
Morning dew: Mana potion
Nordmar Nogginfog: Nordmarian Sword
Ogreleaf: Endurance potion
Poison Bladder: Swamp Lurker transformation potion, Poison, Deadly Poison
Raw meat: Lion transformation potion
Raw steel: Broadsword, Two-hander
Reignweed: Permanent life force potion
Rice: Stew
Roast Meat: Stew
Sabertooth: Nordmarian Sword
Shadowbeast horn: Shadowbeast transformation, Ore-two-hander
Sulphur: El Bastardo (sword)
Sunweed: Healing potion
Swampweed: Swamp Lurker transformation potion
Toadwort: Antidote, Deadly Poison
Vial: Used for all potions
Water: Used for healing potions and Lurker transformation
Weaken: El Bastardo (sword)
Wild berry: Healing potion
Wild boar tusk: Wild Boar transformation potion
Wine: Used for mana potions and Stew
Wolfskin: Broadsword
Wolfweed: Wolf transformation potion

Potions
All potions require 1 vial.

Misc Potions
Antidote (Cure Poison)
1 Healing Potion, 1 Poison, 1 Toadwort

Heal weakness (Cure weakness)
1 Healing Potion, 2 Demon Mushroom

Endurance Potions
All endurance potions require 1 booze and restore 100% endurance.

1. Ogreleaf (x1) (Yellow)
2. Ironstem (x3) (Brown)

Healing Potions
All healing potions require 1 water and restore 50% health.

1. Healing Plant (x1)
2. Healing Root (x5)
3. Sunweed (x3)
4. Wild Berry (x8)

Mana Potions
Requires "Brew Mana Potion" and 20 alchemy.
All mana potions require 1 wine and restore 50% mana.

1. Mana Plant (x1)
2. Fire Nettle (x3)
3. Magic Root (x5)
4. Morning Dew (x8)

Permanent Potions
Requires "Potions with permanent effects" and 40 alchemy.
All permanent potions require 1 King's Sorrel.

Potion of concentration (Mana +4)
1 Flameberry
Potion of life force (Life energy +4)
1 Reignweed
Potion of Endurance (Endurance +4)
1 Armorweed
Hunting Potion (Hunting +2)
1 Goblinberry
Potion of Strength (Strength +2)
1 Dragonroot

Transformation potions
Requires "Brew transformation potions" and 60 alchemy.
All transformation potions require 1 Strange Mushroom

Bloodfly
1 Bloodfly stinger
Bison
1 Bison horn
Crocodile
1 Water, 2 Blood reed
Fire Lizard
1 Fire Lizard Tongue
Lion
1 Raw meat, 1 King's Thistle
Lizard
1 Lizards Tongue
Lurker
1 Water, 1 Lurker Claw
Shadowbeast
1 Mana potion, 1 Shadowbeast horn
Swamp Lurker
1 Swampweed, 1 Poison Bladder
Wild Boar
2 Wild Boar Tusk
Wolf
1 Raw meat, 1 Wolfweed

Poisons
Requires "Make poison".

1. Poison Bladder (x1)
2. Bloodfly stinger (x10)

Deadly Poison
1 Poison Bladder, 1 Toadwort

Recipies

Booze
All booze needs 1 Bottle and restore 50% endurance.
1. Boozeberry (x5)
2. Cactus Flower (x8)

Other Recipies
Nordmar Nogginfog (+10% Life, +50% endurance)
2 Healing Plant, 10 Boozeberry, 1 Bottle

Meatbug ragout (+20% Life Energy)
1 Milk, 1 Roast meatbug

Stew (+12% Life Energy)
1 Wine, 2 Carrot, 1 Roast Meat, 1 Rice

Blueprints
Poison Arrow
1 Poison, 1 Arrow

Longsword
1 Ore, 5 Iron Ore, 1 Raw Steel

Broadsword
1 Booze, 1 Wolfskin, 1 Raw Steel

El Bastardo
2 Sulphur, 1 Weaken, 1 Magic Ore Blank

Master Sword
2 Katana, 1 Magic ore blank

Ruby Blade
1 Light, 500 Coin, 1 Magic ore blank

Two-hander
2 Raw steel

Ore Two-hander
1 Shadowbeast horn, 2 Magic ore blank

Nordmarian Sword
4 Sabertooth, 1 Nordmar Nogginfog, 1 Magic ore blank

Last edited:
Edit: Just wanted to finish searching before asking - anyone know where to actually get the best weapon recipes? Becoming a master smith and capable of making true ore weapons through Ingvars questline doesn't exactly do a whole lot when there are no such recipes to be found..?

Last edited:
I wanted to say great job!
I was waiting till I could add something too but I haven't had time, yet. ;)

Isnt the greatest problem with permanent potions that you need 45 King's Sorrel -freebies to make it worth it?

I am level 26, I have earned +22 points of alchemy and have found 11 King's Sorrel so far, so I am 23 points/ks short.

Well you defenatly won't like one quest for an Alchemist in Geldorn (iir) whom wants 10 KSs.
He teaches an important Perk at least too me, so I gave them. ;)

You'll get 60 alchemy even without spending a single point in it - there are so many Bookshelves around the world that all gives +5. In fact, you can get 80+ without ever spending points in it, so just save up any Kings Sorrel till later.

The problem in G3 with permanent potions is: They're just not worth it anymore. They don't give +5 to the attribute like they used to - they now only give +2, and in a game where you can reach level 70 instead of 35 in Gothic 2, a few skills here and there won't really make any difference.

Added a few.

That Stew is overcooked. The Roast Meat lost 8% effect and the Rice, Wine and Carrot have no effect.

i disagree maylander if you are anything but a mage. it costs 5 points to learn. Any like you said with the lecterns, plus quest bonuses you can reach 100 no problem which upset me since i spent 20 points on it in the beginning. still i thought it was worth it. strength and hunting both require 1 lp to raise 1 pt whereas mana, life, and endurance net you 4 pts per lp. the permanent potions are twice the value then to use as a strength or hunting potion. i was a fighter/hunter in my first game i finshed last night and i aquired well over 2 dozen king's sorrel most of which i spent in strength and the rest in hunting

I used it for some hunting bonuses to get me up to 130. Beyond that I think Mana/Life/Endurance is what it's needed for, but King's Sorrel is rare and at least 4 are used up in quests. :( But at the stage I am in I can waste LP to the left and right without suffering.

I've counted at least 13 used in quests, so that really reduces the number. Also, whether you have 600hp or 700hp or 500str or 550str makes no difference. I think JemyMs use is the most reasonable - getting hunting with it if you're no hunter, because that enables you to get skinning, which is used for quite a few quests. Other than that it makes no difference, I usually end up with 50+ LP that I have no real use for.

after level 15 or so I carried somewhere between 50-120 unused lps for the rest of the game ended at 79 doing nearly all quest minus some orc and hashishin and with only clearing half of varant, was about 60 by the time i got there. i too used the hunting to get skinning early on but was close to 300 near the later part of the game since hunting was so fun...so much time in nordmar...snowy days are quite difficult. by the way beating people up to take back the king's sorrel is not an exploit since there is an amnesia scroll/spell, though i only remember 4 being taken. i mainly just wanted to say i thought it was foolish to waste permanent potions on anything other than strength or hunting. Life, mana, and endurance are the only stats in the game that you can't get bonuses through quests, another reason to limit your lp on other attributes

Added a few more blueprints.

Normanndir Sword(or something, not Normander as you'd think)
Requires 1 Nordmar Nogginfog, some ore and a Light spell scroll I think it was.

What is interesting with permanent potions, is that a perm hunt adds 2, while simply eating 1 goblinberry adds 1. The potion is really worthless since it wastes a KS!!

That's a good point, spending 1ks + 1gb to get 2 hunting is, in most cases, not worth it since 2ks is worth more than simply the 2gb you have to eat to get 2 hunting.

too much swampweed for you guys. how can you justify spending point for point lps on hunting and strength when you get 4 times as much mana, health, and endurance by spending one point. The permanent potions give you a ratio of only twice as much. unless you are not using a bow or hunting at all (like i am in my new mage character) you would still need strength potions for a mage since although i'm not positive i believe stave combat is still affected by strength. also corwin, unlike the prior Gothics i don't think you get any bonus from eating a king sorrel so there's really no 'wasting' it. i'm also keeping track this time through of all plants used in permanent potions. so in a few weeks time ill let you all now how many there are. as a hunter/fighter i put all dragonroots into strength potions and almost all goblin berries with only having to eat a couple.

@jemym - there is a rune sword you can make, possibly best sword in game as it also has protection bonuses it requires a pure magic ore blank which is only available via quest in nordmar...strange however i found the recipe later in a temple in varant.

I saw a pure magic ore blank somewhere else (I haven't been to Nordmar yet), but didn't pay much attention, cause I'm not into smithing with my current character!!

im sure it was just a regular magic ore blank - a random chest drop and even sold by some merchants - there is only one pure one in the game and it is a lengthy task to get it - you have to return the forge to the fire clan by defeating nearly 100 orcs then you have to do the smelters quests - possibly the biggest "needle in a haystack" quest of the game - then you are "able to forge a pure ore weapon" - plus when you get it i don't think it even shows up in your inventory, only when you go to forge a pure ore weapon does it show up in the recipe--

heres to recipes for you

Tunnelrumbler - a wicked brew from nordmar (used in a quest, i think it was for a guy that will follow you around nordmar any where you want to go, he's a fighter too not like some of the hunters that get beat down pretty easy.

2 ore
2 minecrawler mandibles
20 boozeberries
1 bottle

Rune Sword (1 handed 105 attack, +5 protection from blades, impact, and missles)

1 lightning bolt
1 ice lance
1 fireball
1 pure magic ore blank

what is the attack rating on the master sword, i've seen some say its the best sword in the game, but it would seem like a 2 handed sword if it takes 2 katanas and it does not take a pure magic ore blank, which makes sense if people are getting it in varant not from the master smiths of the north?

I did the smith quest and never got the rune sword at all. Perhaps a bug.

The master sword is great for dual-wielders because it adds master dual-wield, which is very hard to get(only 1 trainer and he's in Ishtar).

Also, there are other pure ore weapons, such as the Ancestor Sword. No idea how to get the recipe though.

Back
Top Bottom