Gothic 3 Quest Corrections.

Acleacius

SasqWatch
Thought we might want to start a list of Quest that don't work correctly and possible fixes.

So to start out in Vangard, when you speak to Vandorn he ask for 5 Saws, 10 Hammers and 20 Pickaxes, iir.

It won't complete or least it didn't for me, but I found the solution.

The total number of Saws you need is wrong in the text and voice of the game, the Real number of Saws is 15.
So 20 Pickaxes, 15 Saws and 10 Hammers.
In case it wasn't clear these are regular Hammers not Smith Hammers. :)

Wolf Clan:
Grim, their leader, will tell you to "clear the bridge to the north". This bridge is in fact the one to the south, not north, so clearing all bridges to the north won't complete the quest. Just clear the one to the south and it'll be complete.

A lot of liberation quests do not work as intended, or did not before patch 2 at least. I have not tried afterwards. For instance if you try to get help from the nomads to clear Braga or Mora Sul, they'll just stand around and watch you fight, instead of participating. In fact, the only times I've ever seen liberators do a good job were in Cape Dun and later in Bakaresh (the nomads there were of great help actually).

When in Vengard the command-in-chief will tell you to find a paladin that was lost in the eastern part of the city. The eastern part is where the temple is, where you first teleported into vengard, the paladin is in the far opposite side of the city.

Here's another to be aware of:
Hassan(the Hashishin near Mora Sul) has two quests attached to him:
1. As an ore thief from Ben Sala
2. As a murderer in Mora Sul

The first quest can be completed even if you don't have the quest, but the second can't(unlike most quests). In other words - pick up the quest from the dark mage in Mora Sul before killing him! He's worth a whooping 15 rep with the Hashishin if you complete it properly for the guy in Mora Sul, so ruining that quest line by killing him prematurely is a misstake.

If you purchase the bottle of Nordmar Nogginfog for Tippler below Faring, BEFORE you ask him what ingredients he need for more, you will loose the option to offer him your help for more ingredients. If you however gather his ingredients for him and then ask to buy his "final bottle", you will agree on 200 gold but neither gold or bottle is exchanged, you are stuck with 1 bottle regardless how you do it but you get better reward if you get him the ingredients. In both cases, Mojak refused to speak to me despite me having his bottle. I got a bottle from Mitch inside the castle walls as well as one from the Fire Clan member you meet when you enter Nordmar, THEN I could give it to Mojak.

Last edited:
@JemyM -The paladin is in the tower east of the rebel/castle area. After killing the orcs there you must jump over a crate on the stairs and go to the top of the tower.
The Leader is the named orc who has a hut near the north entrance of Geldern. I had the problem with the Noggifog too until I remember when he originally asked for the quest he said him and his mates needed some. So yeah the quest log should really say that. There is recipe for it in Nordmar as well.

Where is the Recipe in Nordmor? :)

You can get a bottle of Nordmar Nogginfog from the mercenary wanting to kill trolls at the foot of the hills for 200 gold. I always get 1 bottle from him, and 1 from the hunter in the woods.

Where is the Recipe in Nordmor? :)

I believe when you tell Tippler you will look for ingredients he gives you a list, which is the recipe. At least, when I finished with him I had the recipe in my list; I didn't look to see if it was there during the quest. Haven't tried brewing any myself either.

It's the only way of getting the recipe as far as I know, so if you decide to simply buy a bottle, you won't get your hands on that recipe.

Thanks for the tip, turns out I had the Recipe even though I didn't know about it.
After learning about how to use the different Tabs in the Documents of the Journal (from Maylander in another thread, ;) ) I was able to find it? :)

Ok adding this, just cause its wrong in princpal.

Reguarding the MoonBlade in Mora Sul, the Blacksmith ask you to retreive it for him to study, then you learn you can give it as a gift to Gonzales.
Normally in Gothic games you are able to solve quest mulitpule ways.
My intent was to turn it over to the Blacksmith, then take it from him with Sleep and then turn it over to Gonzales but the game wont let you as it prevents the Guard from seeing the MoonBlade in your inventory. :(

i was pissed by this as well, but you can't fault piranha bytes for realism. do you like being regifted? i was only able to reach 70 rep in Mora Sul because of this and was therefore forced to miss out on a few quests by liberating Mora Sul and taking his stone...by the way you should bring diego with you. personally i think there were far to many quests in varant that gave you no skill or reputation bonuses. i also believe if game development time was broken down in hours, they put the least amount of time there- hey one of the 3 had to be right - though it did have the only "hilarious" moment in the entire game. really though my biggest complaint about the game, i don't have many, is the animal sounds - i miss the "crazy chicken" scavenger and "gurguling" lurkers - the peaceful lizards are the best though, hearing them "rustle" past you in a cave is great...

I like to drag the druid along with me instead, Shakyor or whatever his name is, near Lago. You can take him with you if you complete his quests, and he's a decent fighter + good magic user. In general though, people like Diego, the paladins and so on are nice to have around, they add a little damage and can often tank a bit.

I gave up on Diego after he died repeatedly on me during his first quest for Dark Snappers!!

anyone know the console code for Nordmar Nogginfog? im stuck as well, only got 1.

thx.

You can get one from the troll hunting mercenary at the bottom of the hill, and one from the hunter in the woods.

I could only find the recipe.
It_Recipe_Booze_Nrd

@Corwin, re:
[I gave up on Diego after he died repeatedly on me during his first quest for Dark Snappers!!]
All genuine followers (blue highlight text) can be given a healing potion if their health is failing.

@sauzer,
If you have a ladel in your inventory and the nogginfog recipe and ingredients, you can then stand beside a cooking pot and the nogginfog is brewed.

There was NO time to stop and give him a potion while we were being attacked!! :)

Yeah and Heal Other doesn't work that well by the time you change to Heal Other, cast and then change back to your Offensive Spell or Weapon either you need an Heal or the NPC does again.

Back
Top Bottom