Gothic 3 Current Ingame time?

Acleacius

SasqWatch
Anyway to see currect ingame time, without being forced to make a Save game?
In G1 an G2 you could see current date and time on the Quest Journaln window.

Also anyone get, game.SetTime working?
I tried a few variations like game.SetTime 8 or game.SetTime 8:00.

I certainly haven't found any other way, and I've looked too!! I think it's something they likely forgot to implement!!

I hope they will add it soon. :)

what exactly do you need to know the time for. theres nothing you have to do at specific times like some other games. besides you could just gauge the time based on position of the moon or sun if you were really interested - which is how they do it. the great thing about gothic is there's no 'dwarves' in the game that invent all these mechanical inventions that find their way into many medieval/fantasy games. i suppose they could have sundial stands near the town gates or squares, but like i said what is the reason to know the time?

Well, sometimes I want to determine whether to do another quest, or take a nap. If it's about to get dark, I'll rest, but if it's midday, then I'll quest on. I like to know how close to dark it's getting!!

Right , planning your next mission you want to know if everyone will be awake or sleeping depending on if your stealing or exploring new area which isn't fun when its dark not to mention missing chest you could normally see during the daylight hours.

On the fun side, in G2 after playing it so many times, I would keep setting the clock back at day 1, just to see if and how it effected the game.
Since I like completing all the quest I couldn't compete the game on the first day for things like the Drinking Game, Minecrawler Armor and Selling Silver at the Fence but it was an intresting. ;)

eat more carrots people -you seriously are missing out on a lot of beauty by not playing at night. not to mention great music. unlike prior gothic games where i slept all the time i wanted to play the whole game without sleeping. a gothic day takes about 2-2:30 hours and i finished the game on day 60 after taking into account a few days of time on 'pause' (even when you are on the menu the world keeps moving). varant and nordmar are actually quite striking at night and are much easier to roam without all the grass and trees. besides missing things the first time heightens replayability. besides i think its a little out of character for a hero to be scared of the dark. unless you are a son of innos i suppose its possible...the night is full of beliars creatures...

I really think you didn't read at least what I posted. :)

I really don't sight see while I am trying to fight Orcs.
Its not that we are missing night to the contrary some missions are done at night. ;)
Actually the creatures are usually asleep at night and even easier to sneak up on.

Yes its a beautiful game with great music and lots of bugs. :)

Sometimes resting is simply necessary just to replenish health and mana. I have played on throughout the night several times as well!!

Although I'm not playing a mage character, I noticed in the spells screen that there is actually a spell to change night to day. This is something I don't recall seeing in other games. But I guess it just passes time until the next day, not the previous...

Although I'm not playing a mage character, I noticed in the spells screen that there is actually a spell to change night to day. This is something I don't recall seeing in other games. But I guess it just passes time until the next day, not the previous...

It is some kind of healing spell, the night passes swiftly and you feel as if you've slept a night. In other words, you're completely healed. You don't need a bed anymore to sleep a night.

How do I make parentheses, on my US keyboard in Gothic?
I made some progress once I typed
game.SetTime
It says I am missing parentheses for function SetTIme.
Normally on US keyboard it is Shift-9 and Shift-0, at least I think unless they are brackets.

Thanks for any help. :)

Haven't had time to try yet but found 2 answers, I think.
First you can Toggle Time but only through the console, i.e.
In the menu, select Debug -> Game -> Toggle game time.

Second you setting time is done like so;
"And about setting the game time: game.SetTime expects two parameters.
So, the syntax for setting the game time to 8 o'clock in the morning would be
game.SetTime(8,0)
(military time)."

Hope they work. :)

i am wondering if someone has already made a patch to display the time by now? ;)

Back
Top Bottom