Drakensang - Review @ Games Examiner

This is getting silly. EB has shown the status as shipped for 8 hours now, but there is no tracking number. I had to stay late tonight so i was hoping to get back to find the game waiting for me. But no game and no tracking number to see when the game should arrive, so I can plot and plan.

And now Geneforge 5 is released, on a Friday of course, meaning take your time with the demo because you won't get your unlock codes till Monday after work. Has anyone in NA gotten Drakensang somehow yet?

I took teh day off for younger son's birthday, so it will be monday before I stop by my local store ...

To me the textures in these examples look exactly alike. The only difference between the pictures is (or seems to be) that the mouse-over ones have anti-aliasng, and the "original" ones do not.

Pic 1 and 3 show the difference between version 1.0 with no AA and 1.2 with 4xAA.

Pic 2 and 4 show the difference between normal textures (no mouseover) and high-res (mouseover).

Drakensang is rated M? WTF? Have I overseen anything that made it cruel to a teenager's mind? :biggrin:

I'm surprised, too.

About gamestop: Once I took a look at the English web site of that company.
The difference couldn't be greater.
For your viweing pleasure: http://www.gamestop.de/ This site looked even worse only a few months ago.

And now Geneforge 5 is released, on a Friday of course, meaning take your time with the demo because you won't get your unlock codes till Monday after work.

I bought it around 3PM PST on Friday and got the unlock code in 3.5 hours ;)

I didn't get home till after 8 and they don't work on Saterday and Sunday. Unless they changed something since A5 was released. Anyone that is trying the demo this weekend and wants to buy and continue playing the game this weekend won't be able to, unless Spiderweb now processes orders during the weekend, which they never have done before.

The beauty of buying games by download is usually immediate gratification.

But at least with G5 I'd know I have my code after work on monday. I have no idea when I'll get to play Drakensang, even though it has "shipped" without a tracking code or the shipped email with the tracking code almost 24 hours ago.

First sightings of retail copies in the official forum. A Gamestop in Vista, California (wherever this is exactly ;) ) received three copies. One pre-ordered, one sold to the guy who posted it.

A gamestop I called near me has it in, but since my online order "shipped" yesterday at noon I am unable to cancel it. And gamestop's customer service is claiming their system is down for maintenance and they cannot give me a tracking number until after 6pm tonight. I paid $42 bucks for the online order, my wife would beat me silly if I went out and bought it at the store too.

Damn you gamestop. Anyway, gamestop probably didn't have it in, that kid didn't sound like he knew what he was talking about and he kept calling it Dragon Saga even after I spelled it like eight times.

I've got a shipping confirmation via UPS. I'll get mine Monday. It's in town but UPS doesn't deliver on Saturdays normally.

I've yet to hear anything from Gamestop about my order being shipped!! :(

Nothing for me yet, just checked back at my Gamestop. I'm hoping this week, even though I don't exactly have time to play just now. ;)

Good news that it's showing up, though. I hope sales exceed expectations!

Just picked up my copy at Best Buy along with NWN2 Gold. $29.99 was the price for both titles ironically.

Installing now.

Do let us know how that goes...

Boy the high res textures look waaaay better than the demo. I'm digging it. I probably won't play this thing for a while though. Too many other games running concurrently (G3, Two Worlds)

I hope my 7800GS overclocked card will do it justice. This was the fastest card I could get that was still AGP. I really don't have the cash to blow on a gaming rig.

I hope my 7800GS overclocked card will do it justice. This was the fastest card I could get that was still AGP. I really don't have the cash to blow on a gaming rig.

Thats what credit is for;) I'm lucky that I have a couple decent game machines here....My laptop is actually faster then my desktop...its the new Qosmio.

Glad to hear the textures look better, the demo didn't bug me but its always nice to see even better.

Well I forked out for a laptop with a 9800m GTS with 1 gig of RAM on the card, 4 gig system RAM. I want the pretties!

Heh same card I have in my laptop:)

Back
Top Bottom