Geneforge 5 - Released for Windows

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Spiderweb PC fans can rejoice and head over to grab Geneforge 5: Overthrow, which has been released early. Here's the blurb, as a reminder:
Spiderweb Software brings you Geneforge 5: Overthrow, the final chapter in their fantasy epic. Return to the world of the Shapers one final time. Explore a vast, war-torn world, create and mold your own army of strange, powerful monsters, and choose a side to help lead to final victory.
Geneforge 5: Overthrow features:​
  • Enormous world, with over 80 areas to explore.
  • Choose among five different factions, each with its own beliefs, cities, and quests. Help the rebels or fight them. Your choices will shape the world.
  • Dozens of different endings. Choose for yourself how the saga will finally end.
  • Many paths to victory. Slay your enemies or use stealth and diplomacy to outwit them. Become engrossed in the storyline or just go out and wreak havoc.
  • Lots of replay value.
  • Prior experience with the Geneforge series is completely unnecessary.
As usual, there is sizeable demo.
Thanks, Lurking Grue!
More information.

Woohoo! Wasn't expecting that just yet, always enjoy some good old school role playing.

Although a friend of my girlfriends is staying with us for the weekend, in the room where my beloved computer is . . . Curse you capricious fate!

I've never not enjoyed a spiderweb game. Well maybe a couple of times when I've tried earlier ones in the series after playing the latest one, but aside from that they've always been solid old school RPGing.

I'll probably just crack straight on with buying it, I keep getting the demo then finding it ends suddenly on Friday night and I have to wait till Monday for him to email. Usually on a weekend when I'd actually have some solid gaming time available as well :( I gather there's a proper order system now though.

I was fortunate enough to beta test both Mac & PC versions, and absolutely love the game! But Dhruin is right that the beginning is fairly rote and the best part is further along - that was drilled home when I had to completely redo the early part for the Windows beta.

I was actually looking forward to this, but it's a nice surprise that it arrives couple of weeks earlier than what I expected. Though it saddens me a bit it's (supposedly) the last game in the series, I quite enjoy the earlier games.

Do you like it more/less than the Rebellion?
Thanks.

I'm grateful that it's ending. I generally like the 1st games in Jeff's series and occasionally the 2nd. After that, they seem stale. I'm really hoping he starts something new and maybe upgrades his graphics to this century. He's a fairly good writer. I'd really love to see him write a few mods for established games, but there's no money there. Neverwinter Nights 2 with a full party system now, would be a wonderful engine to see a Jeff Vogel written game.

Do you like it more/less than the Rebellion?
Thanks.

The beginning is much slower (a fairly dull series of "dungeons", in my opinion) but the middle really took off. I was slow this time and still have half the game to go, so Mike can probably answer better. I'd say after a slow start, it's looking even better with more options happening...but I can't be sure how it pans out yet.

There are a lot of options and choices and branching towards the end ... I finished on Mac last year and barely got halfway through the PC version. I like it the best of his games, but not by much ... it is a slow start, and uneven in spots.

I'm glad to have got it before any walkthroughs ended up online, hopefully I can finish it before getting tempted to any spoilers.

I tried the demo for maybe 5 minutes...I'm sure I will go back later but god I felt haven't we already played this?

I tried the demo for maybe 5 minutes...I'm sure I will go back later but god I felt haven't we already played this?

Yeah, at least 4 times.

Hopefully he'll come up with a good new IP now he's milked this.

You can certainly download the demo, then get the unlocking to open
the full game. The price in euros is about 22 Euros.

The Geneforge 5 hintbook can also be downloaded, and if you want the
game and the hintbook, it will be about 27.50 euros.

If you want the CD and a printed copy of the hintbook, the price for
the game, CD, hintbook and shipping will be about 34.50 euros.

WOOT !

Back
Top Bottom