Welcome - introduce yourself!

Hi. I'm Gabriel.

I'm brazilian and I started to play RPGs in tabletop games in mid 2000's and JRPGs in Playstation 1 not very long before that. Since then, I mostly abandoned videogames for some time because of lack of time and money (console games are really expensive here if you don't pirate them). When I bought a new computer, I discovered the joy of CRPGs and have played and loved some old games like Fallout and Baldur's Gate and most of the AAA RPGs from the likes of Bioware, CD Projekt Red and Bethesda. Love Bioware (especially Mass Effect, simplistic gameplay as it is), loathe Bethesda's Fallouts. They simply didn't get it. It's sad (Skyrim is pretty cool, though).

Welcome Gabriel! I do hope you'll find many tips on what to play next on the frontpage, in the forums and in our database. May your list of wannahaves grow longer and longer thanks to visiting RPGWatch. :)

Welcome Gabriel!

Hi. I'm Gabriel.

I'm brazilian and I started to play RPGs in tabletop games in mid 2000's and JRPGs in Playstation 1 not very long before that. Since then, I mostly abandoned videogames for some time because of lack of time and money (console games are really expensive here if you don't pirate them). When I bought a new computer, I discovered the joy of CRPGs and have played and loved some old games like Fallout and Baldur's Gate and most of the AAA RPGs from the likes of Bioware, CD Projekt Red and Bethesda. Love Bioware (especially Mass Effect, simplistic gameplay as it is), loathe Bethesda's Fallouts. They simply didn't get it. It's sad (Skyrim is pretty cool, though).

Welcome fellow Brazilian member. Looking at my avatar, you can deduce where I'm from, can't you ? :D

I never ever played any Mass Effect games, not even booted them. And also I 've never ever played BG 1, but I played BG 2 + Throne of Bhaal Expansion. I'm looking for playing BG1 Enhanced Edition when Siege of Dragonspear expansion comes out.

I also have to disagree on Fallout series. I finished both FO 1 and FO 2 twice, FO 3 once and started F:NV without finishing it. I didn't play FO 4 yet. I didn't like FO3 much… from a certain point on, I kinda rushed to the end.

Last edited:
Hi. I'm Gabriel.

Welcome to the site ;)

I understand the dislike of the new Fallouts even if I don't agree with it.

In fact, I think Fallout 4 is the best Fallout of all time out of the box.

This from a big fan of the original.

I wasn't going to reply, since it's kinda off-topic, but what really puts me off from the Bethesda's Fallout it's basically that they don't really seem to care for the lore and tone of the older games (not like New Vegas, for example), their worlds kind of don't make much sense (I mean, who the hell though Megaton was a good idea at all?) and, especially in FO4, player agency is completely forgotten. I felt that I didn't have barely any control over my character, except shooting.

Well, I won't keep discussing (I could go for hours, haha). Let's keep the conversation about Fallout to more appropriate topics. :)

I loved Megaton! Lol

Hi everyone. New user here. My favorite RPGs are FF8 (don't hate me), Tales of Destiny, Tales of Eternia, Persona 4 and Suikoden 2. :)

Hi rhophiehalul78, welcome! I hope you'll join many discussions! There is always room for a friendly face, whatever your favorites/dislikes are. :)

Hmmm, Rho Phi...

Something to do with a fraternity or sorority?

Hello. My name is Ruslan, I'm from Texas, USA, but originally I am from Ukraine.
I prefer playing on consoles and I do have PS4, PS3, Xbox 360 and planning to buy PS Vita very soon. I love RPGs and I think that this is the only genre that moves gaming industry forward, because choice makes games a unique form of art.
My favorite games are old-school RPGs and just games with good story and soundtrack. Gameplay goes second.

Should say couple of words about me, I guess. I'm a student. Iimmigrated from Ukraine not long time ago (4 months) and I do like this country. I have social anxiety, so Internet is the only way how I can feel social.
I admire folk, history, art, languages and psychology.

I like your forum, it is very well organized and VBulletin is doing it's job just perfectly. VB is probably the best forum engine ever created.

Have a nice day!

Back
Top Bottom