Gothic 3 How do i get into Vengard?

Plafintarr

Traveler
How? Theres a magic barrier all the way around that damages you and is impassable, as far as i know.

Play some more. You'll eventually get a quest that'll get you in there.

I have the quest called "A teleporter stone for Lee", is that what you're talking about? I have liberated all rebel cities and havent found any teleporter stones in paladin castles yet.

Thanks a bunch, found the stone by using the guide :)
Dont know how i was supposed to know where it was though

You're supposed to find it by exploring everywhere, just as you would in RL!! :)

Roland in Okara should have given you the task to retrieve the stone from Gotha.

Roland in Okara should have given you the task to retrieve the stone from Gotha.

I completely screwed up the order of things - I killed the demon and found the stone, went back and saw Roland and told him that - but unfortunately the Orcs also moved out when I killed the demon so Gorn was just hanging around.

I don't think that makes a lot of difference. I did it the correct way; getting the q, freeing Gorn and clearing Gotha with him. When I left him, he just said; "If you need me, you know where to find me." Strange thing is, I can't find Gorn anymore, at least, I can't find him in Gotha. Later on that guy at Okara went to rebuild Gotha... well and what a rebuild it was. It's still ugly, webbs everywhere and everything is broken. The only difference is that there are now people in the city.
(Btw, after the "rebuild" I took the teleporter stone from the chest to get to Gotha, but now I am a thief in Gotha. The guild acusing me followed me and I led him far from Gotha and killed him. Now it seems my reputation is somewhat good again. Strange...)

Last edited:
(Btw, after the "rebuild" I took the teleporter stone from the chest to get to Gotha, but now I am a thief in Gotha. The guild acusing me followed me and I led him far from Gotha and killed him. Now it seems my reputation is somewhat good again. Strange...)

I think that is a known bug - I looted widely before anyone came in, and was told 'we're watching you' ... I thought, thanks for NOTHING, next time liberate the darn city yourself!

The people returning to Gotha were previous inhabitants, the chests belong to them in the first place and they know you have stolen their goods so it is obvious they will attack the thief - you. I tried it both ways:-
(a) stealing/looting.
(b) no stealing/looting.

No theiving is the correct way of returning the town back to it's normal previous state and the orcs will vacate. This is the task assigned to you "the redeemer" - you cannot redeem and steal/loot, they are mutual opposites.

If you can't protect your stuff, you don't deserve to keep it!! :biggrin:

gorn is in the 2nd hut on the left in the outer ring of gotha castle (not the town part below). i believe there is a table in front where there is a rebel trader later. you should really go talk to him as he is an excellent companion to take with you.

He won't talk to me ... I guess he was suppost to join me in my reload-fest in Gotha ;)

The biggest hassle I had with Gorn, was he'd attack my summoned critter (a playful little demon) and get himself killed all the time!! The hardest part of the entire Gotha quest was keeping HIM alive!! NPC's, who needs them!! :)

Well I found Gorn rather handy. Back when I was clearing Gotha, and got to the "demon"-part, I let Gorn tank the Demon (they kinda wandered off), and I myself killed the zombies and skeletons. Returning to Gorn and our little friend I just started chopping in the back of the demon till it died. Piece o' cake. Gorn has 2% health left.

Back
Top Bottom