S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat trailer.

How come nobody mentioned the fanmade mod Oblivion Lost for SoC? That thing basically reworked the game in the same way mods in general did to Morrowind and Oblivion; it's not the same without it.

If anyone's inclined to try SoC, either for the first time or replay it, give the Oblivion Lost mod a try. It's definitely, definitely worth the effort!

Are you sure that's fanmade? I thought that was all the cut content that was released by the devs earlier this year. Iirc, it includes all the vehicles that were cut from the final release, but it's also very buggy.

Are you sure that's fanmade? I thought that was all the cut content that was released by the devs earlier this year. Iirc, it includes all the vehicles that were cut from the final release, but it's also very buggy.

That's true, it isn't entirely fanmade. A lot of the content in OL was cut out from the official release. But it was all compiled together by a modder. The only bug i remember with it though was a certain quest that remained incomplete. I forget which one but it wasn't crucial.

All in all, it changed how i experienced SoC completely.

I heard the vehicles behaved really wonky, such as the physics not being implemented properly. I heard some of the cut monsters were pretty cool though.

I can't wait for Call of Pripyat to hit the US. I didn't finish SoC, and I never even started Clear Sky. I plan on playing all 3 games back to back, it should be a hell of an experience.

It will be an experience for sure. Yes, the vehicle physics aren't exactly very realistic in SoC:OL but one doesn't have to drive them if it bothers too much. They do provide quick transportation on a few occasions though. Most added monsters and events such as Blowouts which never existed in the original SoC are awesome. They are mentioned in the original, but you never go through a real one. Here's the link to it, with a changelog: http://stalker.filefront.com/file/Oblivion_Lost_22_for_1005;93039

It's not the only such mod for Stalker, and naturally most people recommend the vanilla version for the first playthrough, but i wish i had found OL right from the start. That's subject to personal taste though.

I finished SoC many times, always a pleasure. Clear Sky, couldn't get into it really. Reasons would be spoiler(ish) so i won't list any since you intend to play it. :)

Waiting for Call of Pripyat, ought to be kickass. Always been interested in that setting, in the real world as well.

My word for Oblivion Lost - it is a must-have when playing STALKER. Game looks a little similiar to game promised before release date and it's quite fun just exploring area. And Blowouts are awsome! It's really cool when you're running around and trying to find anything to hide before blowout reaches it's critical moment and kills you.

I hope Call of Prypiat will be good as STALKER with Oblivion Lost or even much, much better. Clear Sky was a failure for me :|

Blowouts are some sort of huge Anomaly storms/surges of energy radiating outwards
from the center of the Zone (as a defense mechanism ?) IIRC. That was how things got
started in SOC (not to get too spoilerish).

Thanks for pointing the MOD out guys ! A SOC replay is definately in the pipeline after
Risen (I want to try it with my 4870 although the X1900XT could handle it just fine
already)

Is Oblivion Lost too buggy though ? (i.e will it possibly break the main quest) ?

It's a storm-like anomaly, gets stronger the closer you are to the center of the Zone. That makes blowouts in the Red Forest, Pripyat and especially the NPP very deadly. They occur randomly, and shelter is needed to survive them. They spawn some artifacts and monsters afterwards.

Is Oblivion Lost too buggy though ? (i.e will it possibly break the main quest) ?

There are some minor glitches here and there, but i've never had the main questline broken.

It's a storm-like anomaly, gets stronger the closer you are to the center of the Zone. That makes blowouts in the Red Forest, Pripyat and especially the NPP very deadly. They occur randomly, and shelter is needed to survive them. They spawn some artifacts and monsters afterwards.

Ok good, I was afraid maybe it had something to do with eating too much Mexican food. ;)

Woohoo! STALKER Call of Pripyat is going to be released at the end of this month in Poland ^^

Back
Top Bottom