Civilization 4: Rise of Mankind

Lucky Day

Daywatch
After playing Civ 4 for awhile now I've been finding it a little repetitive and short. One problem I've had is that as soon as you get modern the game is almost over and I've started noticing the technologies are somewhat lacking - I mean, where's microwave ovens?

Seriously though, I found a mod called Rise of the Machines that is just incredible

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=9301

forums can be found here.

The newest Civ is for consoles and though it seems unlikely a platform its been getting great reviews.

Sid also plans to make yet another expansion for Civ 4 based on his Colonization.

Do you have both of the expansions? They are wonderful!

As for Civ: Revolutions, make no mistake that it *is* 'dumbed down', but it is still a blast!

civfanatics is a great site. If anyone still has Civ 3 still loaded up on their computer I highly recommend you download the mod Warhammer. They worked a long time on it and the end product was really fun.

Thanks for the tip Lucky I'll try out rise of the machine.

I heard about Sid doing something with Colonization. I didn't know Colonization was going to be an expansion pack though. It's about time he updated that game. It is one of the most fun and difficult of Sid's earlier work, imo. I never did win that game, the British always destroyed me whenever I started a revolution. The thing I loved about that game is that you could have anyone doing any job.

Last edited:
I read about kind of an official expansion called Colonization, which is said to be able to run as a stand-alone.

It is basically the old Colonization, but made with this new engine.

Plus, it is said to be "more serious", so to say.

Back
Top Bottom