RPGWatch - After Reset Interview

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Last week I had the chance to interview Mr. Nixon of Black Cloud Studios. I asked the community to send questions, and some of you responded. So lets get started.

CouchPotato: Thanks for agreeing to do the interview Mr. Nixon, and congratulations on getting funded. To start can you give us some information about yourself, and your company Black Cloud Studios?

Mr. Nixon: Thank you, Kevin, and thank RPGWatch for being interested and for giving us an opportunity to talk about our game.

Mostly I’m a common RPG gamer like many others who are reading our interview right now. 3 years ago, as a former Dungeon Master, I began to work on the After Reset setting as a hobby, spending my own savings on elaborating it as a realistic post-apocalyptic word. When the core of the setting was complete with hard sci-fi details, I began to hire free-lance artists and musicians so that they could begin animating my vision. Then there were modelers, programmers, video editors etc. By the time of Fall of 2013, when I decided to put After Reset RPG on Steam Greenlight just for fun, I had a permanent group of free-lancers who I had been working with for a long time. After the surprising success on Steam Greenlight, they formed the core of Black Cloud Studios.
More information.

Sorry about the delay everyone.:)

Thank you to the five members who sent in some questions to go along with mine. I should have one more interview in the following weeks.

So any suggestions for more interviews. Just remember I don't bother with large publishers/developers as they never respond. I'll try to followup on them.

I also still can't get in contact with the Balrum developers as they never answer e-mails.

Whoa.

That was a mega-monster interview. Kudos for organizing it all and making it happen! :clap:

Whoa.

That was a mega-monster interview. Kudos for organizing it all and making it happen! :clap:
Thanks Aubrielle it was a pain to setup in the news-editor.
smiley-gen015.gif

I plan to do another one with NWN/Dragon Age modder Challseus.

Link- http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1061272678#post1061272678

why did you ask for 1 million dollars for your project, and now for just 40k ?

does that mean the rest 900k was profit? Is that the mentality you are bringing? lets make some money?

Last edited by a moderator:
why did you ask for 1 million dollars for your project, and now for just 40k ?

does that mean the rest 900k was profit? Is that the mentality you are bringing? lets make some money?
Someone didn't read the full interview did they? He asked for $900,000 to make the full game, and failed. The relaunch has only funded the prologue.

He hopes future buyers, and Early Access will help fund the rest. So I would apologize to him. Next comment like that will also be deleted so consider this a friendly warning.:)

Thanks for this comprehensive and interesting interview Couch & Mr. Nixon. :thumbsup:

Mr. Nixon's answers give me hope that we'll get a good Science Fiction CRPG after many years of waiting. :fingerscrossed:

I thought last time he said he was in Russia army…
I followed both kickstarters and he never mentioned he was to my knowledge. Even if he was it wouldn't matter to me at all as I only care about his game.

Not international politics.:)
Thanks for this comprehensive and interesting interview Couch & Mr. Nixon. :thumbsup:

Mr. Nixon's answers give me hope that we'll get a good Science Fiction CRPG after many years of waiting. :fingerscrossed:

Thank you Hidden X, :handshake:

I hope we get to play a good Science Fiction CRPG also.

Ah so you're a Kevin! :D

Thanks for the interview Couch, this was one of the Kickstarters I really wanted funded (but unfortunately, couldn't back)

Ah so you're a Kevin! :D

Thanks for the interview Couch, this was one of the Kickstarters I really wanted funded (but unfortunately, couldn't back)
Yep I don't hide my name as it's listed in the contact section of the site. ;)

You can still pledge through PayPal here is the link.

Link - http://www.afterreset.com/store

still makes no sensefor me. im not apologizing.
thinking about money is one of the things that gets designers in trouble. be it ppl pleasing or simply lying to them

still makes no sensefor me. im not apologizing.
thinking about money is one of the things that gets designers in trouble. be it ppl pleasing or simply lying to them
I wasn't talking about your reply borcanu you have a point, and that's okay to post it. It was what you called him at the end of reply that I edited.

He might even take the time to reply to you if your not rude.:)

The other Science Fiction game that is currently in development (Early access is available) that I want to recommend is UnderRail.

Good interview, and thank you Couch Potato for doing it. I wish I had seen you asking for questions as I may have asked a few as I did back this project. I did find it odd he kept saying your name over and over again. Almost like he was using a marketing technique. Maybe he was just nervous, he sounds like a normal gamer who is talented enough to make a game and not some person who's been in the business and knows how to spin PR.

The other Science Fiction game that is currently in development (Early access is available) that I want to recommend is UnderRail.
I picked it up on Steam a few months ago, and It reminds me of the old fallout games. I eventually decided to hold off playing until he fully finished the game.

Maybe I should try getting in contact with him about a new interview.:thinking:

I've been following this game since it was posted on the watch a few months ago. Once the game is complete I will definitely be picking up a copy.

I picked it up on Steam a few months ago, and It reminds me of the old fallout games. I eventually decided to hold off playing until he fully finished the game.

Maybe I should try getting in contact with him about a new interview.:thinking:

Please do this. It would be interesting to ask questions and help give the developer more attention.

I thought last time he said he was in Russia army…

I think he might have been. There were a few updates during the kickstarter campaign where he said this.

"There are several phrases, quotes, and idioms from my military and mercenary career that I'd like to inject into the game, from characters likes any Sergeant, to the signs on the walls of shooting ranges at United Governments Military Corps and the Black Sand PMC outposts."

Back
Top Bottom