Dragon Age - Multiplayer Rumours

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Kotaku writes that an "insider" has told them the Dragon Age franchise will be going multiplayer - although the insider doesn't even know enough to say if this is for Dragon Age 3 or a spin-off. Then again, we had exactly this rumour for Mass Effect and that turned out to be true - we'll know when BioWare does the usual GameInformer reveal, presumably:
The insider wasn’t sure if Dragon Age multiplayer was going to be part of a full, stand-alone title (ala Dragon Age 3) or available separately as a downloadable game. It is apparently being developed on DICE’s Frostbite 2 game engine (used for Battlefield 3), and even early-on the game apparently looks stunning.
The multiplayer is supposedly an arena-based affair and features player versus environment (PvE) elements as well as player versus player (PvP), as well as humans fighting dragons. Details on what PvE battles entail are scant.
More information.

Sure. Add a multiplayer and it will make DA3 a success no matter what....

I wouldn't mind a co-op da3 that I could play with family and friends. Assuming the game is any good. I have zero interest in an arena area or pvp though.

Next thing will be: The Arena PVP content will also be open to owners of Mass Effect 3, therefore Sheppard and his alien buddies will get to fight it out against your Dragon Age party. Awesome stuff… really...:sarcasm:

I guess DA2 left, to me anyway, a pretty bade taste… So I'm not that thrilled toward DA3.

Last edited:
Give me an nwn-like toolset and easy to hop into multiplayer and I'm a happy camper.

Grabbing an (assumedly) better engine instead of sticking to a re-named aurora also sounds good.

This pretty much seals the deal for me on DA3, and on Bioware itself. Thank goodness for indies these days!!!

-Carn

Hurr durrrr. Obscure 3 month old rumour = time to break out the pitchforks!!!!!!!!

Even if its a three month old rumor I wouldn't be surprised. They pulled the same stunt with ME3 with the bait and switch tactics. Remember it's EA who publishes there games and its mandatory for all there games to have mp now.

Also the publishers live on the assumption that sp games are not viable nowadays.
Just remember games like skyrim and all the games Bethesda make don't exist and prove them wrong.

As long as DA3 goes back to it's roots (area of effect spells and overhead view / more tactical) and the multiplayer is optional like ME3 then i'm sure i'll be happy enough.

I just want a party based RPG a la DA:O or NWN or even Dungeon Siege 1 (i know i'm the only person to like that game) Please PM your ideas so as not to go off topic more than i already am.

DA3 is tentatively scheduled for fall of 2012 which gives development time similar to DA2. Multiplayer or not, I am not holding my breath.

I am sorry sakichop I have to take back what I have said. I have misread Gamespy article. They were talking about SWTOR being sloted for the release in fall 2011.

As long as DA3 goes back to it's roots (area of effect spells and overhead view / more tactical) and the multiplayer is optional like ME3 then i'm sure i'll be happy enough.

I just want a party based RPG a la DA:O or NWN or even Dungeon Siege 1 (i know i'm the only person to like that game) Please PM your ideas so as not to go off topic more than i already am.

Someone should really slap you back into reality.

I don't see why RPGs need multiplayer. But it's just the era we're in, that developers feel the need to make everything multiplayer and social. I really won't be surprised if new games coming from EA try to incorporate more with social media in some way. Mass Effect 4 will be accessible from your Facebook account, and those who input special Twitter codes will get unlockable in-game items. This type of stuff is just the trendy thing to do right now.

It's not like Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 had multiplayer, oh wait... :p

Multiplayer similar to those would be interesting, whether it's the main story or seperate MP missions in co-op. I don't find PvE or PvP too interesting, but might give it a try.

It's not like Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 had multiplayer, oh wait… :p

I never played it then and doubt I would play multiplayer now either.:p

I don't see why RPGs need multiplayer. But it's just the era we're in, that developers feel the need to make everything multiplayer and social. I really won't be surprised if new games coming from EA try to incorporate more with social media in some way. Mass Effect 4 will be accessible from your Facebook account, and those who input special Twitter codes will get unlockable in-game items. This type of stuff is just the trendy thing to do right now.

True I'm getting old have no patience for the crap they pull. I don't use twitter or Facebook or even play online that much. I'm whats called a dinosaur and according to them we dont exist as a share of the market. Its unthinkable.:shakefist:

Next thing will be: The Arena PVP content will also be open to owners of Mass Effect 3, therefore Sheppard and his alien buddies will get to fight it out against your Dragon Age party. Awesome stuff… really…:sarcasm:

:lol: You made my day ! :lol:

DA3 is tentatively scheduled for fall of 2012 which gives development time similar to DA2. Multiplayer or not, I am not holding my breath.

Fall 2012 according to who? I haven't seen this time frame mentioned anywhere but from you. As far as reality goes, there's still up to two DLC packs for DA2 coming. :p

Fall 2012 according to who? I haven't seen this time frame mentioned anywhere but from you. As far as reality goes, there's still up to two DLC packs for DA2 coming. :p

Thats just an estimate based on rumor and little fact. I have no doubt after ME3 comes out there will be more info about DA3 . Bioware never takes more than 2-3 years to develop games now.

Back
Top Bottom